My Cat Is Peeing On My Bed?!!?

Aminah Ambush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so I have three cats to fixed cats one male and one female. They were adopted together as a set. Recently we found a young male cat. He was very friendly and we couldn't find out if he had any owners. Anyways he isn't fixed. We brought him into our home in February. Recently though we noticed that their was cat pee on the bed we aren't sure what cat is peeing. Help?!

catlitterguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First thing is to clean the pee out thoroughly with enzyme-based cleaners so the pee smell doesn't linger (you may not be able to smell it but cats can). Then you need to figure out who is peeing outside of the box. Make sure you have an extra litter box. Cats are highly territorial and they like their territory smelling like them. Your resident cats may need more time to adjust to the newcomer and therefore pees outside the box to mark their territory. Or perhaps the new cat is having an accident because he feels uncomfortable or taunted from using the litter box. Pay attention to everyone's litter behavior and how they interact with each other. It might give you some clues on the underlying issue.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with catlitterguru. How old is the newcomer? I would talk to your vet about getting him neutered before that contributes (or causes) this sort of thing.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get the young one neutered, it fixes the bulk of the territorial issues unfixed male cats have (and makes their pee smell better).