My Cat Is Mewoing Incessantly And Following Me Frantically Suddenly?

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went outside to garden a bit, then I fed her a bit of cat grass, and then she started sniffing my leg pants that maybe had some smell of the soil or tomato plant on it and now sh'es meowing frantically while looking directly at me and following me really closely in an agitated manner. I changed my pants and washed my hand to see if it was smell i Picked up from the garden, but she is still doing this.

SHe never did this before! IT's not like her normal meows, she seems like she's crying for help? She ate cat grass before and never had issues, and I'm a bit worried as to why she's acting like this?
When I try to walk away from her her meows become slightly more frantic?? I don't get what she's doing?????

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I think your pants leg brushed against something, either urine from another animal or some form of catnip/mint, or even honeysuckle. I know you changed but that smell may be lingering, or she's just not sure yet.

You could wash your legs, and try some vanilla extract, a tiny bit on her and a bit on you so you both smell the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catalinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A late update: Thank you for all the advice! It was definitely the smell. She went back to normal later on in that day! I think she was just super alarmed by the smell from the soil/fertilizer (I'm guessing the composted cow manure?)