My cat is lonely, I think?

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Zorro has been answering calls from cats outside our house since I got home from boarding school. I think he needs some company other than us but what should I do, forum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
By the way, hi everybody! Sorry for being absent in this site. I've been in boarding school.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1671002428885.png

Re fresh my memory. How old is Zorro? Neutered? Is your family able to take on another cat without undue strain?

MOST cats will benefit from the presence of another cat, even if they do not become "besties." However, with the right enrichment (toys, cat trees, hidey-holes, access to windows) even a single cat can thrive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Zorro is four years old in human years. He is not neutered. My family is not able to take care even another cat anymore because we've had experienced caring 30 cats in our daily life. My home is a rented one so there's not much room to put a toy paradise here, only a couple of bell balls to play with. Can other animals become company with him? I'm thinking of buying a bunny right now.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You might find neutering him will stop the calls to other cats outside your house. He really should be neutered for overall long-term health and would definitely need to be neutered should you ever decide to bring in another cat. There are cat trees that don't take up much space, as well as cat shelves on the walls that don't use any floor space at all. Both can lead to a window for outdoor views/entertainment.

Another pet, such as a rabbit, would need space for a cage-enclosure as you cannot guarantee protection against Zorro otherwise. There is no way to ensure that Zorro would become a buddy with any such type of animal, and even less so if he remains unneutered. You would be better off using the space that would be needed for a rabbit and give it to Zorro for a cat tree.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took out note that went sideways in writing it, but the point was that maybe you could harness/leash train your cat to walk outside and meet other cats.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do know that there are low-cost spay//neuter clinics in Malaysia. Google to get exact information about your area. They may be able to help.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely agree with cat tree - perches, window look-out, scratching post, place to hang small toys, etc.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
drive off the other cats before he decides to begin spraying around the house in response to a precieved threat to his territory or worse starts trying to escape outside best would be to get him spayed.