My cat is in the "cone of shame", and is sooooooooo much better behaved!

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat is recovering from spaying surgery, and is wearing an econe ( aka the cone of shame). She's doing okay in it (eating drinking, and using the litterbox all without major incident), but clearly hates it with a firey passion. What I noticed is how she's calmer in the cone (though some of that is also her pain meds, it's not just them, because it took a while to figure out how to keep the cone on her (though she's slipped it once so far since then), and she's definitely calmer be-coned.)  I also noticed that her habit of biting feet is essentially impossible, so between her being sweet and cuddly, and lack of biting, my poor beconed kitten is (except for her tendancy to be super messy eating in her cone), really way easier to manage.

I actually may kind of miss the cone to remove it, at this rate, although I have my fingers crossed that 2 weeks unable to bite may finally cure her of that habit...

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She probably doesn't need the cone anymore; especially if she has internal stitches. Some licking is ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
The first half day, I couldn't figure out how to keep the cone on her, and she seemed okay at first, but at the end, she started to nibble a the stitches, so she remains beconed for the full 2 week sentence(I m going to see how she does with an inflatable one I ordered on Amazon, though)