my cat is in heaven

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just put him down. He seemed very weak would eat a little and drinks lots of water . When he would see me he would just collapse in my arms and purr. He just loved to sit with me. But seemed a bit spacy and started to hear wheezing, fluid noises when he purred. I'm not trying to rationalize what I did I feel terrible. But my gut said do it. Was not going to wait till he could not breathe or vomit. Sure he may have been able to get a week more or so but thats probably it.  DR said a week but i didn't listen to him his bun was 199 and creatinine was 8.0.  wbc was high rbc very low hGB low hct low plus other results. i didn't go by them went by how the cat acted he just seemed to get weaker and more tired. I'll always love him and already miss him

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You did the most loving thing you could for your boy. He is no longer suffering here, but running and playing like a healthy kitten at the Rainbow Bridge. Bless you for relieving his pain and suffering.

catmom5

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWW sweetie... :sniffle: I am truly sorry for your loss. I do know how hard this was on you with this kitty and your mom all at the same time. You did the right thing for him, getting him vet care and taking him inside and helping him to the bridge. You were his angel on earth for what you did. :angel: Please know that. Mega hugs to you in the hopes that you will feel better soon. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 <3(((((((((^^))))))))<3 your sweet cat is forever Loved, whole, healthy and free now, watching over you always with love until you are reunited in due time.  You put him ahead of you, which is how it should be when you love and care for someone.  

sweet sally2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Huge Condolences.  I am crying with you!  How wonderful that you were able to make the right decision.  It is never easy!

gail greenlee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like you gave her the best life she could of had She passed knowing love! Bless you I know the feeling trust me! May u meet again in heaven.