My Cat Is Hissing At Her Kittens And Me

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Suddenly she became like this her kittens are 3 months old before she go to heat she was okay when she went to heat sh became like this i put her in sprate room till her heat is over now it’s over and still she’s hissing at me and the kittens why??
She’s very angry I don’t understand why

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First of all, her kittens are 3 months old, so in a mother cat's mind it's time for them to be getting on with their lives. She still knows they are her kittens, but they are starting to be seen as other cats in her territory not helpless kittens needing her anymore. Since she is not spayed she is likely trying to make the kittens go away so she can focus on breeding and raising a new litter again.

I would get her spayed, it would help level out her hormones and remove the desire to want to go mate again. Also if any of the kittens are male (I'm assuming since the mom isn't fixed the kittens aren't either) I would make sure she is spayed soon or they could end up mating with mom.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One heat cycle follows another pretty D... er... real close, sometimes just a few days. We kept mom and kittens. Everyone was fixed when it was time and mom took care of the kittens all their lives 17 years.

Remember, one escape into the garden and you've got another set of kittens coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One heat cycle follows another pretty D... er... real close, sometimes just a few days. We kept mom and kittens. Everyone was fixed when it was time and mom took care of the kittens all their lives 17 years.

Remember, one escape into the garden and you've got another set of kittens coming.
My cats never go out and thanks for help i want to get her fixed soon

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cats never go out then do you have an intact male? She got pregnant the last time, so she can again.