Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyraa_ladylike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK so I have a cat named Jillian who I love very much and lately she hasn’t been doing so well and I am wondering why. So last week I noticed she didn’t greet me at the door when I came home and that’s unusual for her. I went to my basement to find her sitting there so I called her name but she had trouble walking to me. I ended up bringing her to the animal hospital and they ran blood test and also a urine test but everything was normal.A few days later Jill was herself again..But now today she’s having the same issue but now she can’t walk at all and she hasn’t been eating or drinking. She is so weak that she just sleeps the whole day. I feel so bad , does anyone have an idea of what this could be ?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry Jillian isn’t feeling well. Did the vet do an x-ray to check for physical injuries? Our kitty Gohan has trouble walking and his tail was limp. Turned out he must have pinched a nerve or something. They could see evidence of arthritis on his spine, which was probably the source of the issue.

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heya - how old is Jill? Is she usually in the basement and what is the temperature where she is?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyraa_ladylike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey
Jill is almost 2 now and yea she has to stay in the basement because my father doesn’t want her in the house. I would say the basement is pretty cold I’m not sure what the temperature is .. I chill with her sometimes in there it’s not too bad ..but it is cold

Kyraa_ladylike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry Jillian isn’t feeling well. Did the vet do an x-ray to check for physical injuries? Our kitty Gohan has trouble walking and his tail was limp. Turned out he must have pinched a nerve or something. They could see evidence of arthritis on his spine, which was probably the source of the issue.
Yea that’s my next step I’m just going to have to get her X-rays .. and sorry about Gohan !

Kyraa_ladylike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heya - how old is Jill? Is she usually in the basement and what is the temperature where she is?
hey
Jill is almost 2 now and yea she has to stay in the basement because my father doesn’t want her in the house. I would say the basement is pretty cold I’m not sure what the temperature is .. I chill with her sometimes in there it’s not too bad ..but it is cold

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Get the x-rays very soon. When a cat stops eating and drinking they are generally pretty sick and/or in pain. And, if the vet tells you there is nothing wrong in the x-rays, ask what else can be checked. If they don't come up with anything, get another vet. If you end up with another vet, you can have all of her records, including the x-rays, sent to them so you don't have to spend more money on the same tests.

I hope you have been able to create a nice warm cozy environment for her in the basement. Is there a couch or sofa down there for her to use in order not to have to be on the cold floor all the time? Given her current weakness, an old comforter or heavy blanket that you could spread across an area on the floor to give her somewhere to lay would be perfect. You might have already done that, but I wasn't sure with what I could see in the pic.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea that’s my next step I’m just going to have to get her X-rays .. and sorry about Gohan !
Thanks! He’s actually almost totally back to normal activity (I meant to say he “had” trouble walking). He was on crate rest and pain meds for a month (we decided “room” rest was enough) and he is much better.

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK - so in reading the other comments I just will say this (and you can correct me at anytime).
Cats are social and need contact.
They need light and warmth.
They require love daily.
They need to be in a safe environment.
They need to be protected from insects/spiders/snakes/rats etc.
Q: Can you relocate your Dad? {Joking}

...I think you need to either move if you want to keep Jill, negotiate with your Father or give her away (sorry that sounds horrible). Best of luck.

PS - a basement is a foreign concept where I live (I know what it is but we don't them nor attics)