My cat is driving me crazy!

tracywalls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All she wants to do is either sit on my lap or more often, drape herself over my shoulder like a baby. She is so clingy I can barely get any work done on my computer. She loves tinfoil balls but does not play with them while I'm working. I'm not sure another cat for company is an option.

What can I do to keep my cat amused while I get some work done?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well locking her out of the computer room would be a good start. There is also a special shelf that sits above your monitor where your cat can perch safely, perhaps that would be an option? Right at the moment though I can see the website in my head, the name of the product and website escapes me. If you have given in to her demands for lap time in the past, she is going to expect you to continue this in the future. Telling her no and putting her down, repeatedly will work. It will take time, and patince and a gentle touch, but it can be done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tracywalls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I've tried that. And sometimes I do. She sits outside and howls though. I might look into that shelf. She might like the warmth. Thanks.

slipstream

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean, our Dexter comes up and lies down on your hand when it's on the mouse, we kinda push him to the side but he has to be touching your hand while it's movie at all times. Then he will go and lay down on the printer. I don't know....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tracywalls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah right now whe is smack dab in the middle of my binder. I can't read a darn thing.
Good thing she's cute.