My cat is chewing on doors. HELP!

darwin0915

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So recently my little fur ball has started chewing and clawing at my door when it's closed. He wants every door open all the time even if he doesn't want to be in the room with you. It is so bad now, he does it when I'm in the bathroom! Just a minute ago I watched him trying to chew the bathroom cabinet door because he couldn't get it open. He is destroying my door and door frame. Anyone know how to stop this other than not closing my door?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He may be bored. Are you giving your cat plenty of play time? Try playing with your cat a few times a day for about 15 minutes each time. Interactive toys like fishing pole toys are great. Is getting another cat an option? Some cats prefer to play with another cat in addition to getting play time from you.

tinav43

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My one year old cat does this too. Seemingly for attention. We have another cat in the house too-- his brother-- so how bored can he be?

Have you tried Grannick's bitter Apple spray? It works for some
People. You can play with him more. You can try Feliway pheromone plug-in (this is what I am trying now to see if it calms him down).

Good luck to you and if you find a solution, let me know !!