My cat is being a terror

captainkittycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hate being the person to berate my beloved pet but I've just about had it with him. He wakes me up in the morning with a tirade of meowing, and if I don't wake up right away, he starts playing with things and intentionally knocking things over, even jumping on me to get me awake. Then, he constantly runs around the house like a bat outta hell. When I come home I know he's missed me, because he doesn't leave my side for a few hours. However, when I try to go to bed, that's when the fun starts. He jumps on all the counters. He plays with everything on them until they fall over and crash. I spray him every time I catch him but he doesn't seem to care anymore. He keeps jumping up. Recently, he's decided he likes climbing on screens, and a few moments ago, he jumped up and climbed the kitchen screen, which managed to rip it off it's hinges and fall off the window, at which I had to climb out of bed at 3:30 in the morning to fix. I locked him in the bathroom for the night with some wet food, his water, and litter box, but how do I fix this? He's over a year old and I can't handle a cat who constantly tries getting into everything in my house and constantly tries climbing things and stealing things. I found my drain in my bed this morning, from the bathroom tub. I do love him. I just want him to be more behaved. Is there any way I can train him a little more so he'll learn not to do these things?

apolloandchloe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried a human/cat interactive toy? Like a bird on a stick or a mouse that you move around? They have them at Petco. Anyways if you play before bed for about 15 min until he can only lie down and rest he should be tired and energy used up constructively. Then the mischievous behavior could be curbed

uniqms95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope this helps :)
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited by a moderator:

uniqms95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm since I can't post links look for "train your cat to let you sleep" by Jackson galaxy on YouTube (Y) I hope it helps :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

captainkittycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried the playing with him thing and he'll stay quiet for a bit but he doesn't really stop. He's been getting worse since I got him. He pulls papers off my bed and squirrels them away under it, he's playing with a pencil he pulled off my printer right now under my bed... I have to lock my door most nights and when I do that's when the meowing starts. I'd upload a clip of it but I can't.. I'm more concerned about the fact he's climbing the screens. How can I stop that?