My cat is allergic to all sources of protein. What do I do?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for the update! I am not trying to oversimplify your cat's issue, so please don't take it that way. But, has this come down to a dental problem overriding at least some of the allergy issues? Something along the lines of stomatitis? I am sure there is a level of complexity that I am missing, but I am so surprised that no one until this most recent vet came up with a dental issue being a possible source of part of her woes.

Attica1962

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In Europe we have Movicol, it is the same ingredient as in Miralax, only different name.

Regarding telling a vet he's not educated enough... I've had the same problem with my horses. We must remember that most vets are like GP doctors, they know about many conditions and their remedies, but they may lack deep knowledge of one specific rare condition. And another thing is you only have one pet to worry about, they have many patients under their care. This doesn't make them bad vets, they just can't know it all about everything. So what I do whenever we (my horses, me and my vet) have a specific problem that it's not resolved easily, is to search on the internet relevant articles (by specialized vets, universities etc) and I send them to my vet (translated) so that he can tell me whether they apply or not to our problem. So far it has worked for us. Of course I have a long relationship with my vet, and he knows about my horses and about me, he he ...