my cat is acting weird

dalya

Dalya
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys

My cat, Dolce, is 11 weeks old now. 10 days ago he started acting really weird and I don't know what to do!

First, he started peeing and pooping outside the litterbox! He does most of his peeing and pooping inside the box but sometimes he just does it outside the box. Sometimes he pees right next to the box! This is very weird! I adopted him when he was 8 weeks old and he was very well trained on using the litterbox. So it's very weird that he's doing some of it outside the box! I keep his box clean and fresh at all times. I can't figure him out!

One more thing. I started noticing that he keeps on hiding and sometimes he shows aggressive behaviour towards others in the house but not me. When I'm with him he keeps on hiding in my arms and rubbing his face against mine. But when he sees others, specially the maids, he shows aggressive behaviour. Later, when I was checking the house cameras (that the maids aren't aware of) I found out that the maids used to beat him up because they find it hard to where he goes. They used to kick him and pull him from his tail and lock him up in the closet or tie him up to the table. I warned them and my parents will deal with them because they were very abusive to Dolce. And he's part of our family. But now, they don't even touch him. I do all the work for him. I clean him and clean his place and litterbox. But he's still aggressive. I also noticed that his front teeth are growing so is that why he's aggressive? Or is it because the maids are still in the house and he remembers what they used yo do to him!?

Can you guys help me to get his behaviour explained? What should I do to help him out with his aggressive behaviour and peeing outside the box?

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Peeing and pooping outside of the litter box could be a sign that something medical is going on. Maybe a urinary tract infection. Has he been to the vet recently? Is he eating normally? What do you feed him?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalya

Dalya
Young Cat
Purraise
Peeing and pooping outside of the litter box could be a sign that something medical is going on. Maybe a urinary tract infection. Has he been to the vet recently? Is he eating normally? What do you feed him?
His appointment is tomorrow. I feed him chicken and beef with gravy and he snacks on dry food which he started learning how to chew. And milk from time to time (kitten's milk replacer)

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck at the vet! Let us know how it goes. Hopefully it's a good report :)