My cat is a bully?

yagirlkayla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I moved in with my boyfriend and his family last July(2019) and since I was bringing my 2 kitties, we introduced them slowly. Severus actually came from my boyfriend's house. His siblings are currently here. Olaf on the other hand, he was adopted by me almost 3 years ago. Him and Severus get along great, not a problem. Severus' brother, Shadow(same litter) and Olaf get into it pretty bad. Olaf has had an infected front leg due to Shadow fighting back. At first we thought it was Olaf bullying Shadow because he was losing his fur(apparently it's genetic, his mom did it too and Severus is starting to lose his). But Shadow's fur is grown back almost completely. It stopped briefly, and we thought that was it. Now whenever Olaf goes to eat and Shadow is over there, they both growl at each other. It's not just one-sided, Shadow starts it too sometimes, but Olaf is definitely the one to start it most times. How can I get them to stop? Me and my boyfriend just bought a house and will soon be neighbors to his parents, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a permanent fix, but both cats go outside and will still be around each other regardless. Like I said above, it didn't really start until Shadow began losing his fur. Before that, Olaf didn't bother anyone, and still doesn't, except with Shadow. Please help-I didn't raise him to be a bully, and I'd like to not start.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yagirlkayla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd also like to add that Olaf gets plenty of attention and treats, he's literally like my child.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So, the only time they growl is when they are eating? And do they sleep together and groom each other?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yagirlkayla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not just when they eat, it was just an example. They hate being anywhere near each other, however if Olaf is asleep somewhere and Shadow just happens to be near him, its totally fine but he's asleep, you know?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You may need to reintroduce them. That is keep them totally separated from one another and then reintroducing them slowly as if they hadn’t met before. There are a number of articles and threads on this site with the steps to go through to introduce them.