My Cat Is 9 Months And Pregnant

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is obviously 9 months and shed been picked up by my mom from the street. So as we didn't know much stuff about cats we didn't get her spayed as a result of which she is pregnant now. To start with I've been doing alot of research and still not satisfied. She is really small and she's been to the vet only twice before when she was in heat. Ik we're really close as i can feel them inside and i feel many movements and I'm not sure what to do next. My parents really want to give her away as we have no experience and would not let the cat and kittens get hurt.
Need help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat sounds like she is getting close to the end!

Have you been feeding her well, and have you made a nest for her?

Most cats manage quite well in giving birth to their kittens and then caring for them.

It’s very exciting, and can also be slightly overwhelming when you’ve not experienced it before. But you can do it!

Here are some helpful links:

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Can you post a picture of your cat? We would love to see her!

Please ask any questions that you have in this same thread. :)

D Duskythekitty

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your cat sounds like she is getting close to the end!

Have you been feeding her well, and have you made a nest for her?

Most cats manage quite well in giving birth to their kittens and then caring for them.

It’s very exciting, and can also be slightly overwhelming when you’ve not experienced it before. But you can do it!

Here are some helpful links:

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Can you post a picture of your cat? We would love to see her!

Please ask any questions that you have in this same thread. :)
I've made a nest but she doesn't really seem to like it alot she just sleeps in it for awhile. She been drinking lots of water and she eats dry cat food she has it in large quantities and she also eats alot of leaves.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stock some dry kitten food, or better, some canned kitten food & start feeding it to your cat now. And continue after she delivers, because she will be nursing her kittens and need the extra protein. Plus, buy some Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR is one brand). Again, after she delivers give her some every day until she weans the kittens. This will also provide extra protein and also calcium. Good luck!

Sarthur gives good advice. I rescued a pregnant stray from a neighbor's backyard. I fed her kitten dry food, and she delivered three healthy kittens about ten days after I found her. I provided the kitten food until the kittens were adopted at twelve weeks of age.

Good luck! Most momma cats well, even the first timers. Thanks for rescuing her. Keep us updated, please.

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Stock some dry kitten food, or better, some canned kitten food & start feeding it to your cat now. And continue after she delivers, because she will be nursing her kittens and need the extra protein. Plus, buy some Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR is one brand). Again, after she delivers give her some every day until she weans the kittens. This will also provide extra protein and also calcium. Good luck!

Sarthur gives good advice. I rescued a pregnant stray from a neighbor's backyard. I fed her kitten dry food, and she delivered three healthy kittens about ten days after I found her. I provided the kitten food until the kittens were adopted at twelve weeks of age.

Good luck! Most momma cats well, even the first timers. Thanks for rescuing her. Keep us updated, please.
Thanks for the advice surely will do that

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I agree that she also needs wet cat food added to her diet. Is that possible?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you say she eats leaves, what do you mean? Is she outside?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You really do need to keep her inside all of the time until she is spayed. Please provide a litter box inside for her.

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You really do need to keep her inside all of the time until she is spayed. Please provide a litter box inside for her.
We kept the box in for a month at the start but it was just too hard to manage ,with the smell and dirt coming so we shifted the litter box outside later on. Now we keep an eye on her everytime she goes out. And she also had access to my neighbors backyard where we couldnt get her back from but now we got it all closed up so she probably won't have anywhere to go. At least i hope so.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would really encourage you to reconsider. She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, even without going into heat. She will go into heat while she’s nursing, and is likely to run off. She is also likely to attempt to hide when going into labor. It’s for her health and safety.

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would really encourage you to reconsider. She can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, even without going into heat. She will go into heat while she’s nursing, and is likely to run off. She is also likely to attempt to hide when going into labor. It’s for her health and safety.
Hey my cats been acting really weird from an hour or so she's really restless and she's been meowing and purring alot she's also been to the litter box quite a few times. She just wants me to sit beside her and pat her when i stop she meows again. Are these signs of labour? And she's constantly cleaning her area

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes. Please do as above and keep her inside. The lives of these babies are depending on you right now. You either choose to let her run wild and have the babies in an unsafe environment or stay inside where she is safe.

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes. Please do as above and keep her inside. The lives of these babies are depending on you right now. You either choose to let her run wild and have the babies in an unsafe environment or stay inside where she is safe.
When i say she goes outside i don't mean the streets, its my backyard. She just goes out for awhile to her litterbox and comes back. And i won't in any condition let her or any cat for that matter run wild and give the babies in an unsafe area. Don't worry. She'll stay in. Give birth to them inside the house.

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When i say she goes outside i don't mean the streets, its my backyard. She just goes out for awhile to her litterbox and comes back. And i won't in any condition let her or any cat for that matter run wild and give the babies in an unsafe area. Don't worry. She'll stay in. Give birth to them inside the house.
Cats can sometimes have a mind of their own which is why I said that lol. It’s great that you are keeping her inside now!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she this morning? It sounds like she may be in labor. Can you move her litter box into the house for now?

Duskythekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is she this morning? It sounds like she may be in labor. Can you move her litter box into the house for now?
Yes i did shift it in for her and also yes she was in labour and she delivered 3 beautiful babies. It took about 5 hours for them all to come out. She been drinking lots of water. Thanks for guiding me.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful! We’d love to see pictures when you get a chance.