My cat hesitates to use the litter box unless I stay with her in our guest restroom.

xiaoqiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband and I adopted our cats Cotillion and Mini 8 months ago. I'm sure these girls enjoy being with us. 

Talking about cats. My 1 and half year old cat Mini seems like has deeper feelings to the litter box than Cotillion who is probably 1 year older.  After Cotillion uses the litter box, she tries to chase and scare her. It happens almost everday!

This morning, when I was in the restroom, Cotillion went in. It's quite obvious that she hesitated to use the litter box, so I closed the door to keep Mini out and leave us together. She became comfortable and purred and immediately used the litter box.

Now I put my 2 litter boxes ( both are uncovered ) in our guest restroom ( this room can only has 2 litter boxes ) so that my husband who has  allergies to cat litter can keep distance. I know it's better to provied 3rd one or move one litter box to another place, but where?  It's hard to find another place ( our laundry room is so tiny) where my husband won't feel uncomfortable as well as my cat likes.

Is there any advice?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor kitty.  is there a quiet corner in your home where you can put another box.  You could put some kind of partition or screen around it to help hide it.  I have also seen people buy or modify a cabinet so the box can fit inside.  My concern is that if Mini still ambushes her; it won't do any good for your situation.  In your guest room; are the boxes side by side or in different areas?  Maybe keeping them apart would help them seem like they belong to both kitties.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xiaoqiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your information. I already kept these 2 litter boxes apart. One is beside our toliet which 2 girls used quiet often, another is put near our bath where I make a screen to keep them feel save. I don't know why Mini shows much more concern about litter box while Cotillion doesn't.

However, I will buy a cabinet online and see if it's better. Do you happen to have some brand to suggest?

Thanks again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xiaoqiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your information.

I already put these 2 litter boxes apart. One is beside our toliet which 2 girls use quiet often, another is put near our bath where there is a screen I make to keep them feel save.

I don't know why Mini shows much more concern about litter box than Cotillion.

However, I will buy a cabinet to try. Do you happen to know where to find these?

Thanks again!