My Cat Has Some Kind Of “hole” In His Stomach?

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was petting my cat’s stomach and I noticed that he has a hole in it, almost like a dip. It’s under the skin, so it’s not a gaping would or anything. Just feeling it, it almost feels like an opening in the muscle. He’s running around, playing, grooming, eating, drinking water, using the litter box, all of that good stuff. He doesn’t act like it’s painful in any way, so I’m wondering if that’s just a normal part of a cat’s anatomy? I’ve tried searching for more information but it always leads to pages about open wounds, which is definitely not what this is. Because of the lack of information about it, I’m guessing it’s just something normal. Does anyone know?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...I was just informed that this is his belly button. Which leads to my second question, how do I delete all records of me ever asking this question?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I was reading your post the belly button thing was running through my head. It's so fun when we can find those things on our kitties. It also shows that you are a good pet parent and are attentive to your kitty and know his body. Well done!

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As I was reading your post the belly button thing was running through my head. It's so fun when we can find those things on our kitties. It also shows that you are a good pet parent and are attentive to your kitty and know his body. Well done!
Haha thank you! I just really love that little guy

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...I was just informed that this is his belly button. Which leads to my second question, how do I delete all records of me ever asking this question?
You don't. Pretty please, don't even try, and don't be embarrassed about it.

Look, so many people come to TCS to say things like "My kitten got mauled by a dog two days ago, and we don't have enough money to take it to the vet this month, please tell me it will be okay because it's survived two days" (the kitten died; we were unable to convince the original poster to take it to the vet) or "My kitten has wet Feline Infectious Peritonitis, what do I do?" (euthanize the kitten before the disease gets worse - it's incurable, fatal, and horrible). It's a huge relief to come to a new thread expecting something about ulcers and discover that it's actually about a cat's belly button. Thank you.

Margret

Haneliz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You don't. Pretty please, don't even try, and don't be embarrassed about it.

Look, so many people come to TCS to say things like "My kitten got mauled by a dog two days ago, and we don't have enough money to take it to the vet this month, please tell me it will be okay because it's survived two days" (the kitten died; we were unable to convince the original poster to take it to the vet) or "My kitten has wet Feline Infectious Peritonitis, what do I do?" (euthanize the kitten before the disease gets worse - it's incurable, fatal, and horrible). It's a huge relief to come to a new thread expecting something about ulcers and discover that it's actually about a cat's belly button. Thank you.

Margret
Oh that’s horrible! Those poor people and their kitties! I can’t imagine going through something like that. I’m a worrier, and this is my first time having young cats and I think I’m still kind of expecting things to go wrong. But we haven’t had any problems yet, and I’m glad to know there’s a community I can come to if something happens and I don’t know what to do! Thank you guys!