My Cat Has Really Bad Skin Condition

kevin3113

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
does anyone know what this is? my cat's whole back from his back side to half way up his back is full of scabs like this. it doesn't seem to bother him. its been like this for 2 months since i got him and it seems to be getting worse. he's almost one year old.
20171108_232336.jpg

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could be flea allergies, but I'd get him to the vet for a check up and to get a diagnosis and treatment plan.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with a vet visit. They can put a scraping under a microscope if in doubt. This way you'll know exactly what it is.

darlenam8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
does anyone know what this is? my cat's whole back from his back side to half way up his back is full of scabs like this. it doesn't seem to bother him. its been like this for 2 months since i got him and it seems to be getting worse. he's almost one year old. View attachment 205137
I agree, best thing to do is get kitty to the vet.
Flea allergies can cause this- my cat is super allergic and itches like crazy, licking himself raw.
Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kevin3113

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never seen any fleas on him. I was planning on taking him to the vet. I was just hoping someone would know what it was before the vet does hundreds of tests.

darlenam8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never seen any fleas on him. I was planning on taking him to the vet. I was just hoping someone would know what it was before the vet does hundreds of tests.
There are so many things it can be. Allergies, any allergies could be a culprit.
Start with the vet and hopefully you can get a hold on it before it gets worse.