My Cat Has Confirmed Feline Panleukopenia

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad for the good news! Hopefully you, and your babies will be all better soon! Take care of yourself. and do keep us updated on everyone! Wishing you guys the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Amazing news everyone.
Our babies are back with us.
Our little kitten is separated from the other kittens at this time as her eye is still not that great. They have given me different antibiotic drops 4 times a day for eye and Terramycin gel for the evenings before she goes to bed.
Mama is going to the toilet finally and is happy to be home and are all her babies. We give her enough time with the babies who can come out and with our little one kev who has to be away.
It’s so good to have everyone back in the house again.
Thank you all for the amazing support you have given me during this time

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
My little girl Kev and her eye. This is yesterday’s picture . Today her eye is looking a tiny bit better.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad they are doing better, and back home! Cute little Kev, hope that eye is all better soon! Sending them all hugs! :grouphug:

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad your little ones are coming home!:cheerleader:
Soon your little girl will recover from her eye. We'll see you soon!

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
I had a question maybe someone may know. So my little kitty Kevin (we thought she was a boy when she was born) with the sore eye... we have been putting the medicated eye drops 4 times a day plus the Terramycin at night. Her third eye lid wAs already very visible. Yesterday it seemed like she was recovering but today her third eye lid is really pretty much covering the whole eye.
I went to the vet today without the cats due to just picked up a dose of liquid antibiotics as my mama cat was clawing at me all the time when trying to give her the pills. I showed a picture of Kevin’s eye to the vet and said I felt like it was getting worse today.
She gave me two tablets to try on Kevin one a day to see if that helps. But I am worried that if i am putting the Terramycin in and can’t see her eye ball properly will the medicine still work.
I am really worried about her eye and problem is the vet will be closed for 2 days starting tomorrow.
Does anyone know if it will still work. I tried to put in a bit extra to see if that would help go inside.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not sure if it will work as well? But i would guess that some will still penetrate and be absorbed? A good question for the vet. I would still put it in, as often as needed, and if not better when the vet opens back up i would take him back in.
Sending him healing thoughts! :vibes:

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just trying to write with my bad English and the translator's help :p the same answer, exactly like duckpond duckpond !

I also think that the mucous membrane will probably absorb the product anyway... but be sure to call your vet!

He'll tell us about it.:vibes:

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
Thank you so much for your responses and sorry I didn’t reply till now.
The vet opened today and she made sure we were the first to be seen. Kevin’s eye has not improved and was not looking to good today. She was lethargic the other day but perked up yesterday and today and was very hyper but her eye still was not ok.
Vet took a look and said Kevin needs to stay over night until they can take a proper look at her eye as her third eye lid was so tightly closed she couldn’t see what was inside.
At this time they are unsure if the eye can be saved or needs to be removed. She said she will have to wait till it opens a bit and put some mediciation inside which loosens the third eye lid and once it is open they will be able to see more.
She says she will contact me with an update but I’ll be heading there tomorrow to have a check on my little girl and see how she is doing.

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What did the vet tell you? How's Kevin's eye?
I hope there's good news....:crossfingers:

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Update as of today.
Kevin isn’t doing so well. Vet is now concerned about the fact that Kevin started becoming lethargic and vomiting and diarrhoea. I went to visit her today and she looked horrible and was barely moving.
Vet says the eye is a concern but not the main concern at the moment as they need to find out what is wrong with her first. They ruled out parasites and are worried about what else is wrong and why she is not well.
This has not been a very easy time for us at home.

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh.... And they don't know what it could be? They rule out panleukopenia?
I understand how horrible this situation must be.. :alright:
I have little pricess Kevin in my thoughts.. I hope gets better soon..
I send you a lot of strength and support, I hope there will be good news soon:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all
Kevin is deteriorating extremely fast.
They confirmed she has parvo. Today it’s the worst that they have seen her since she arrived.
She has bloody diarrhoea her eye is not getting better and she is just not ok.
They asked me if we wanted to make a decision as they fear she could possibly not make it through the night and are worried that tomorrow she will be in more pain if she does make it.
I got emotional and the vet was great and told me to give her one more day.

If she is not better by tomorrow sadly we will be putting her down. She is in pain and I would rather not let her suffer any more.

Dickie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to read this horrible news.. :frown::frown::frown::frown:
Looks like little Kevin won't get over it. (I hope I'm wrong and I'm wrong)
Sometimes, in the face of suffering and the impossibility of not being able to do anything else, it is preferable to let them go with dignity, avoiding more suffering. It's terrible... but it's the best and fairest thing for them.
I send you all my encouragement and support. And all my strength for Princess Kevin :vibes::hearthrob: