My Cat Has Behavioral Issues, Help!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think wand or da bird play is way different then playing fetch. She needs to hunt. My cat and my mom's cats love the pet4life fishing rod toy .... especially the ones with the feather attachment! I think if you work 15 minutes of wand play into her play schedule and maybe some laser light hunting in the morning ... will help tire her out. Plus you can lock her in your room and give her a bird watching window while you are at work.

My beloved hyper punk taught me that you have to wear them out mentally and physically. The only thing that kept me from shaving him a little was his afternoon outside bird 'hunting' time. So the bird feeder will help, I swear.
:goodluck:

I'm so sorry you lost your cat. I lost my bud a little while ago to. There is a forum on this website called crossing the bridge ...... it helped me ..... though I still miss him. Chances are high that your kitten is also responding to your stress. She misses your other cat to. I talk to my kitten and tell him how much I miss his 'Dad' (my cat mommied the kittens) it helped me with my grief.
:vibes::grouphug:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you and your baby calico are able to work things out so she becomes a little more calm.

Try the music, it may help with things, --plus when she's following you, if you haven't tried this try having toys in your pocket and throw one or two for her to help with mental distraction and stimulation. There's a neighbor of mine whose young cat will play fetch over and over, and it's just darling :) but I told him since I was afraid his arm would wear out, to look at these in addition;

19 Best Interactive Cat Toys: Your Ultimate List (2019) | Heavy.com

Home - the Ripple Rug

Food Puzzles for Cats

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is such a thing as stress eating. Our cat had gotten plump on Orijen, then we changed her food. At age 6 still free feeding, she lost down to her correct weight of 9 pounds. Then we found an abandoned dog. We keep the dog on one floor and kit on another. In the first six months Kit gained 3 pounds eating the same food she'd lost weight on, but more of it. Then she seemed to get used to the dog being around and went back to eating less. In the last two and a half months, free feeding on the same food, she's lost 1/2 pound.

What I'm saying is that rather than being spayed, your cat may be stress eating due to the loss of her companion and your distress and grief at the loss. This isn't to say that you shouldn't be grieving, there is nothing to do about that and if you weren't grieving for your little one that would be sad.

What I'm saying is, after time passes your current little on may well cut back on what she's eating and her desperation to eat. Eating is comforting because it is a physical validation and assurance that one will have enough food to survive. Death of a friend always stirs up primal feelings, not just of loss, but of personal survival.