My Cat Has Been Peeing Blood Since His Blockage Care. Normal??

BasilLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Mochi had a blockage almost two weeks ago this coming Sunday. The blockage was removed and he had a catheter for 2 days, and I even had a check-up with our Primary this past Friday. Initially, for the first several days, Mochi was peeing but with a lot of blood. We told the primary we were crushing his antibiotics into his food, and maybe he wasn't getting a full dosage/he needed different antibiotics. We've been giving it to him since Friday, but there's still a fair bit of blood; he does, however, pee a decent amount most times. He will sometimes go to urinate with little to no pee, but I mostly attribute that to how frequently I put clean pads down, as he always goes to mark it. He's eating plenty, no signs of behavioral changes. My question is: HOW LONG DOES BLOOD IN URINE TYPICALLY LAST after the procedure? I'm worried sick over this and can't think of anything else.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree. I am not sure that there is a reasonable answer when that much blood is present. I would definitely send that pic to the vet, if nothing else. This may not be abnormal, but the vet should be the one to tell you that. Did he change the antibiotic? Did your primary do the procedure?