My Cat Has Been Missing For 5 Days.

rajpradeep32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat 'poosu' (3years old female, spayed) has been missing for the past 5 days, she normally goes outside early morning by 5am for an hour and will return back to home and again in the late evening by 9 - 11pm it would go to roam and would come back home during night time to sleep, even if it is as late by 1am.
Last Tuesday it went out by 9pm on a rainy night IMG_20180814_014301.jpg IMG_20180916_232217.jpg and it didnt return post that, it has been 5 days since then, the place where I live is a closely knit neighbourhood with lot of houses and small streets with little traffic, I searched in the streets nearby home and enquired with few people showing her photo, till now I havent been able to find anything regarding her.

The longest she has been out in the past is for one whole night and returned the next day by evening, not continously for 5 days, I have no idea how to find her now after searching and making noises for which she used to resopond and also afraid if she would be in any danger.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Can you keep talking with your neighbors, sometimes cats will get into garages or sheds.

Also, can you post on pawboost, and put up flyers/posters so that people will know about your kitty.

I don't know how much this works but some people suggest to put the litterbox outside.

Keeping you and your cat in our thoughts, let us know what happens :vibes::crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rajpradeep32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Can you keep talking with your neighbors, sometimes cats will get into garages or sheds.

Also, can you post on pawboost, and put up flyers/posters so that people will know about your kitty.

I don't know how much this works but some people suggest to put the litterbox outside.

Keeping you and your cat in our thoughts, let us know what happens :vibes::crossfingers:
Thank you, I have spoken with few of my neighbours especially the guards who work at night, I have also put the litter box outside my home 2 days back, one thing is today I heard a faint meow voice once, not sure whether it is my imagination or it was a different cat but heard once.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My brothers cat went missing for a month and they kept thinking they heard phantom meowing. We think their cat was actually around but just scared. If you can just hang out outside in the evening with a bowl of smelly food near you and read out loud it could help. Smelling food, hearing you and smelling you

rajpradeep32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guys, with god's grace and blessings and with your support and wishes, my cat poosu reached home 30mins back, she was hungry had food and water, didnt examine her much as she looked very tired, there weren't any visible injuries except for her eyes looked very droopy and the white eye lids were partially covering her eyes. Thanks all!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow!!
Hopefully she doesn't have any problems, and that she stays home now. I'm so glad she's back with you!!
If you have access to goat milk, that could help her regain her strength more quickly.

rajpradeep32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow!!
Hopefully she doesn't have any problems, and that she stays home now. I'm so glad she's back with you!!
If you have access to goat milk, that could help her regain her strength more quickly.
Sure, thanks. Also I am planning to get a small pet gps tracker and place it in her collar, just was thinking it could help in such situations to at least notify, that our cat is alive and roaming.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi rajpradeep32 and welcome to the forum !

A question for you..........have you ever considered allowing her outside...only when she's supervised ?

Or, alternatively, constructing whatever it would take to restrict her movements to your own property ?

(I suspect I'm not the only reader thinking this....it's an 'elephant-in-the-room' thingie)

rajpradeep32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi rajpradeep32 and welcome to the forum !

A question for you..........have you ever considered allowing her outside...only when she's supervised ?

Or, alternatively, constructing whatever it would take to restrict her movements to your own property ?

(I suspect I'm not the only reader thinking this....it's an 'elephant-in-the-room' thingie)
I wouldnt be able to do neither of them, cant keep supervising her since my cat prefers to roam in a bushy low lighted area for which it has to trespass my neighbour's house, just have decided to not allow it to go outside after 8pm and also have ordered for a gps collar tracker, not sure how efficient it would but still giving myself a chance , incase if my cat plans to escape again for days together, I can search in a area which the gps tracker points to rather than covering a big radius in assumption of cat could be anywhere.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope it doesn't rain anymore or eaten by wild animals or dogs or run over or catch a virus from another cat or loud noise like fire works or construction. Good luck!