My Cat Has Been Given Away, Please Help!

AWeirdMIX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On August 31st, my cat disappeared from my home. I thought he was just wandering around as he always does, but after 3 days, I was worried, as he always comes home during the night. That day, he did not wear his collar because I thought he would just be around our backyard.
So me and my sister went on two Lost and Found sites, where we found a picture of him and the day he had disappeared. We tried contacting the person, but we got no response, and it said that he had already been reunited with his owners, which should've been us.
Is there anything I can do to get my fur-baby come? Any suggestions are welcomed!

FALSE ALARM: My sweet darling is not yet reunited!

Last edited:

RequestKen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Legally there probably isn't much you can do as there's no way to definitely prove ownership if the cat isn't registered. Try contacting the person again and again and again and again until they answer you (include some photographic documentation of the cat) and try and get the contact info of the new owners and hope you can sort things out.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is your cat chipped? Do you have photos of him to prove he is yours?

I suggest you get in touch with the Lost Pet sites directly and let them know what has happened.