my cat has a weird black mass on his neutered testicles?

creamsicle478

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is neutered but he still has these sack-like things, and there's a weird black mass on it... does anyone know what it could be? Apologize in advance for the pics...
I would contact my vet but they're closed this week until Wednesday... thanks so much for all your help :)

IMG_7908.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was he recently neutered? It could be a scab/some fluids caught up in the fur. But if it's been a while, you should have the vet take a look.

The sacks will still be there; most vets cut through them to remove the testicles but leave the empty sack. So that part isn't unusual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creamsicle478

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he was neutered a month and a half ago and this only started appearing today. He looked normal before, but it does look like a scab from something because he was just cleaning himself and now it's bleeding a bit

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, if it is bleeding, you want to have that looked at by your vet. It will probably be an easy fix, but that area isn't the cleanest in the world, and you don't want him getting infected.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creamsicle478

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just heard back from the vet, they don't really know what's going on either, but said it could just be a scab and nothing to be worried about as long as he's still appearing to be healthy and eating/drinking well. They said it could just be a scab and looks to be healing but that I should keep them updated!