My cat has a bald spot

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My persian cat he has allergys, he shakes his head, hes done this for years...I found bald spot on his neck, skin looks healthy, I also see thining on his neck where people put flea drops...

I started him on cbd yesterday and rubbed some on the spot

He been sleeping on my moms bed and his fur reeks of a scent when he comes off.....Ill try to keep him off

Anything I might do? When should I see a vet? i bet they will give him steroids or something....

Thinking of giving him a bath, my oatmeal cat shampoo went bad, I have espree for cats?

He just got rid of his winter coat little while ago
F7FAA875-BF60-4993-80B0-36AC0A868AC1.jpeg 0175DEB1-B771-4435-959E-4F15A4CF81AF.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Please check with the vet to see if he has mites. Shaking of head is sometimes caused by ear mites, and could make him scratch often. My Bourbon frequently has this which I am perplexed as she is an indoor cat only. She sometimes scratches so bad that makes her bald by the ears. This is my cat's frequent cause of visit to the vet.

Or you can also check other possible reasons such as ringworms.

Others here may have similar experience and can give you some advice.

Keep us informed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hes always had the shaking of the head for couple years. I took him in for that a while back and his ears were clean and they stated probably allergy's

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have the vet check the ears again. Get a second opinion if you don't feel the vet is concerned about the ear shaking. Ear shaking is not normal. If it's "allergies", the vet should be able to pinpoint possible reasons for the allergies and suggested treatments.