My Cat Gradually Becomes More Aggressive

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love his nose!
My Joey is aggressive too, He has mellowed out with time, He's going to be approx 1 year and 4 months now.
I have been trying the hiss thing and it seems to be working.
Most of the time his aggression towards me is when I stop combing him.
And when I pick him up, he doesn't like to be picked up-most times.
the combing is a weird one I will comb him, and when I'm done I can tell he wants to attack me, I have been keeping a wand toy nearby to play right after combing.
It is weird tho, he likes the combing but it also agitates him.
I don't brush him because he will attack the brush!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love his nose!
My Joey is aggressive too, He has mellowed out with time, He's going to be approx 1 year and 4 months now.
I have been trying the hiss thing and it seems to be working.
Most of the time his aggression towards me is when I stop combing him.
And when I pick him up, he doesn't like to be picked up-most times.
the combing is a weird one I will comb him, and when I'm done I can tell he wants to attack me, I have been keeping a wand toy nearby to play right after combing.
It is weird tho, he likes the combing but it also agitates him.
My Baby Su, who was born feral, is the sweetest, most loving, and most bonded to me. But sometimes she'll bite. Hard. I don't mind, because I love her unconditionally.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All but one of the boys we've had would try to happy bite the brush. I use 2 brushes now. Hold a soft one in front of him for his use and brush with the other. Since they have a chew brush the whole time there is not over stimulation. I can also use the front brush lead them to turn around. Yoshi will even stand up so I can brush his belly when I lift the brush up slowly.