my Cat got into a fight

queen sparkle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got into a fight and the other cat ripped a lot of his fur off will it grow back its been a month now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Queen Sparkle.

Yes, it will grow back eventually but it takes a long time. Has your cat been neutered? Intact tom cats get into a lot of fights and they can get seriously injured, it's best to get him neutered and keep him indoors if you can.

What does the area he was bitten look like? Cat bites can easily get infected and form an abscess under the skin. Can you still see the puncture wounds? Does the area feel hot or look swollen? Ask your vet to take a look, he might need a course of antibiotics.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes a good 6 weeks or more for any hair to grow back so they don't look bald.  I have a kitty who lost a patch of hair on her head from a scuffle with one of our other cats and it just now looks normal again.  That was about 3 months ago! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queen sparkle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes he has been neutered and you can't see the puncture wound at all so do you think he'll be fine i hope so thanks for the advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queen sparkle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

It takes a good 6 weeks or more for any hair to grow back so they don't look bald.  I have a kitty who lost a patch of hair on her head from a scuffle with one of our other cats and it just now looks normal again.  That was about 3 months ago!  
 ok great Thanks so ill wait a little longer hopefully his fur will grow back!