My cat doesn't want to sleep on my bed anymore

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens used to sleep with me everyday and wake me up to cuddles but now, one of my cats stays alone and my other cat sleeps on my chair... Ive got no clue of why

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they just seem to like changing places. Lily usually sleeps in my favorite chair, and Mingo in another chair. But if I've given them a lot of affection during the day, they will both sleeps with me. But, if I can't sleep and get up to read a while, neither of them will come back to bed with me for several days.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats tend to change things up for reasons known only to themselves. It could be as simple as a change in the weather, or you may have mortally offended them...and you will never know how or why! However, they do tend to get over this as soon as you present them with some suitable gift...a toy mouzie, a jingle ball, a TREAT!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats tend to change things up for reasons known only to themselves. It could be as simple as a change in the weather, or you may have mortally offended them...and you will never know how or why! However, they do tend to get over this as soon as you present them with some suitable gift...a toy mouzie, a jingle ball, a TREAT!
Oh!! But they follow me around and sleep around me during the day, they just avoid my bed i don't understand why, should let them I out of my room once and see if it keeps happening the next say? However ill try to put a treat around my bed, ty!!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens used to sleep with me everyday and wake me up to cuddles but now, one of my cats stays alone and my other cat sleeps on my chair... Ive got no clue of why
You mentioned kittens and then cats - is it the same pair, now adults? That might be part of it. Cats also have an instinct to change their nests every so often. Phoebe alternates sleeping on and under my bed and in different places on the bed (on the human, beside the human, on the pillow, at the foot of the bed ...).

Is the chair in your bedroom? If so, your cat is still sleeping in your presence. That says love and trust.

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You mentioned kittens and then cats - is it the same pair, now adults? That might be part of it. Cats also have an instinct to change their nests every so often. Phoebe alternates sleeping on and under my bed and in different places on the bed (on the human, beside the human, on the pillow, at the foot of the bed ...).

Is the chair in your bedroom? If so, your cat is still sleeping in your presence. That says love and trust.
Ohh i nono!! I have kittens i just got distracted probably aaa sorry/
I also noticed they have this behavior since i let them outside on the balcony - my chair is in my bedroom ya! But im weirded that she doesn't wake me up at 3am for cuddles any more, shed always do that

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh i nono!! I have kittens i just got distracted probably aaa sorry/
I also noticed they have this behavior since i let them outside on the balcony - my chair is in my bedroom ya! But im weirded that she doesn't wake me up at 3am for cuddles any more, shed always do that
Ah, so they’re still kittens? How young? It’s so long since I had kittens I don’t remember their various changes. Could be what game misconduct game misconduct said, they’re getting to be teenagers!

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3-5 months!! Cant know the exact age since we adopted em 1 month ago aa

kittywhisper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Buy cat beds and strategically place them everywhere your cats like to sleep. Then, when they refuse to sleep in them, they will have no choice but to come back to the bed.
My cats must be broken because they all love cat beds even though so many people claim cats don’t like cat beds. I have two kittens of my own and two foster here now and they all sleep in the two cat beds together or separate. For me putting cat beds on my bed works to attract them there. 😆

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats must be broken because they all love cat beds even though so many people claim cats don’t like cat beds. I have two kittens of my own and two foster here now and they all sleep in the two cat beds together or separate. For me putting cat beds on my bed works to attract them there. 😆
Its not that most cats dont like cat beds per se -- they regard them at least as favorably as couches and arm chairs. Rather, its that they don't like the idea of humans buying something, putting it down somewhere, and immediately expecting them to be interested/impressed, because cats dont roll that way. So the trick is to buy a cat bed without any particular expectation, put it down somewhere, maybe move it in a few weeks if it doesn't get used, and just don't have any particular expectation of usage or appreciation. Then, when you aren't looking, they may eventually start using it. At least that has been my experience.

My small cat is in a cat bed right now. The bigger one doesn't seem to like them, but I don't think its a size thing since he'll squeeze into a scratching post's cup top.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not that most cats dont like cat beds per se -- they regard them at least as favorably as couches and arm chairs. Rather, its that they don't like the idea of humans buying something, putting it down somewhere, and immediately expecting them to be interested/impressed, because cats dont roll that way. So the trick is to buy a cat bed without any particular expectation, put it down somewhere, maybe move it in a few weeks if it doesn't get used, and just don't have any particular expectation of usage or appreciation. Then, when you aren't looking, they may eventually start using it. At least that has been my experience.

My small cat is in a cat bed right now. The bigger one doesn't seem to like them, but I don't think its a size thing since he'll squeeze into a scratching post's cup top.
As I say, never underestimate Feline Perversity! (Or purrversity, probably.) If you want them to do it, they won’t. If you don’t, they will.