My cat does these things.

winter24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Im a new cat owner and my 4 month old siamese/aby/taby cat keeps making vibrsting noises through his throat all the time. He also always bumps his nose under my chin and also bump his head on ny cupped hand whenever I wanna touch his head.

Also, is it normal for cats to like being touched on their whiskers and other parts? I always pet/bump face on his whiskers and he doesnt mind it all. I even clean his butt with cat specific wet wipes and he doesnt mind. BUT whenever I play with his belly, he's always biting or scratching my arm/hands.

My cat also gets into "crazy" mode from time to time, where he would be scared of everything, running around as if he's in a warzone being shot in all angles. Sorry for the long post. Thank you.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Your boy sounds like a perfectly normal affectionate cat who is very happy with you and his new home.    The vibrating sounds are purring and some cats do it a lot, as yours does, and some cats rarely purr at all. Cats purr for many reasons, e.g. contentment, hunger and pain. In your case, it sounds like happiness and contentment.

His "head bumps" are a sign that he likes you.  This is typical cat behavior and is his way of showing his affection for you.   He is simultaneously marking you as his human by rubbing scent glands found in his cheeks against you.  

The dashing around the house is often called "the zoomies"  and again is perfectly normal.   They're not afraid. They're having a bang-up good time.   Cats often break into the zoomies after pooping in their litter box when they feel a sense of lightness and relief.  

The fact that he doesn't want you to touch his stomach is also perfectly normal.  It seems a shame because they've got those fluffy tummies that just beg for rubbing,  but many cats do not like it at all and will scratch you if you try it.  Cat owners often joke about cats setting a trap when they lie on their backs exposing that adorable tummy, just waiting for you to reach down for a quick rub.

For more information, check out this article:  http://www.thecatsite.com/a/25-signs-that-your-cat-loves-you    The bottom line is that you have a perfectly normal,  adorable cat who loves you and is showing it.  

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions! 

imaginewizard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah just to add, as it is more than likely the case for your cat - if he lies with his belly exposed in front of you, he's not asking you to pet it, he's just saying 'I trust you enough to expose my vulnerable part'. Usually then stroking his belly will be interpreted by your cat as a breach of this trust. Not really a major one but you don't really gain anything from doing it.