My Cat Died Tonight

KevinJ2023

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She died on my lap. im so bothered. SHe was my buddy .. she never left me side. She slept next to me. I noticed she was loosing weight but didn't think too much of it. sigh .. i shouldn't be crying but she was my buddy ..

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've lost a family member. That hurts. More, that's supposed to hurt. Do your grief work; it's necessary for your own mental health. If that means crying then cry. And remember, TCS has members worldwide, in all time zones, and all of us know how hard it is to lose a cat. There are always members online, which means you can get a shoulder to cry on any time you need one, day or night.
:hugs: :grouphug2:

Also, you can find some information about grieving the loss of a pet here.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I pray you can find comfort in that she died at home, surrounded by your love. It is as we all want, and rarely happens. You will be going through a LOT of emotions that grief brings on, denial, guilt, despair, a huge array that can overwhelm you and prevent any enjoyment in life. This is all normal. Guilt is a huge one. Not one of us is perfect, there is ALWAYS something that brings on guilt. Time is the only thing I have found that helps. In time, the sharp edges of grief are dulled. And grief eventually morphs into a huge thankfullness for having her share her life's journey with you. But it takes time, and a lot of it.
You have a huge bond of love with that little girl. whatever path she now follows will forever parallel your own. Love is spiritual, so eternal. Nothing can break that bond, not even death. " Death cannot take that which never dies." so for now, live in the present, as cats do. You cannot change the past, no matter how much you want to, and the future is not ours to see. so go forward and live it as you would want for her to live if you were the first to go. That is love and she wants no less.
I cry with you for the loss of a loved one. it is YOUR love, and no one will fully understand how much you love each other. because everyone's love is as unique as a snowflake. But we on this site can empathize, and know what a sad, lonely time this is. but we are here to show you that you WILL live on, and happiness will once more enter your life. But it takes a lot of time, one day at a time........RIP beautiful girl. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is horrible that our sweet ones tend to leave us before we go. They bless us with their love, companionship, and so much more. It may feel like you have lost a limb for a while. The new silence may feel deafening, the absence will be palpable... Fill the voids how you can. For the first days I had a radio/TV on. Sounds juvenile, but for a while I slept with a soft stuffed animal. I talked out loud to my baby and told him/her how much they were missed. Find whatever works for you. Also, I found it helpful to find ways to pay tribute to and honor my lost one. I lit a candle. I purchased a nice customized urn. I decided if/where I wanted to scatter ashes. I wrote my memories down. Please take care of yourself... this is a hard time and a hard loss. There are many on this site whose hearts go out to you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

It is the most natural thing in the world, whether you are male or female, to cry when you lose a beloved friend, a member of your family. Don't let anyone tell you differently. To weep after a loss is to be human, a caring human. Your girl lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love, and slipped away in the safest place she knew...your lap. Grieve for the loss of her physical presence in your life, but the Deepest Truth I know is that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Her Love is with you still, and always will be.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

It is the most natural thing in the world, whether you are male or female, to cry when you lose a beloved friend, a member of your family. Don't let anyone tell you differently. To weep after a loss is to be human, a caring human. Your girl lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love, and slipped away in the safest place she knew...your lap. Grieve for the loss of her physical presence in your life, but the Deepest Truth I know is that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. Her Love is with you still, and always will be.
Very nicely said💕

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. But you need to cry..it is natural. What helps me is writing down ittle memorable moments I had with my cat and even repeat writing those on other pages as well when they come to mind. They will bring a chuckle, a tear and a sob fest, but it is good and you will have those memories forever. It feels empty right now and ..it hurts big time, I know. But take time to grieve and cherish the memories.

mackerelandamagpie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She died on my lap. im so bothered. SHe was my buddy .. she never left me side. She slept next to me. I noticed she was loosing weight but didn't think too much of it. sigh .. i shouldn't be crying but she was my buddy ..
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our cats are part of our family so don't feel bad for crying. It's important to give yourself grace during this period of time.