My cat cannot walk properly

parisbsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello..
I have bsh cat name Paris.
Yesterday she accidently hit out glass door so hard and she lay down. At the beginning she dont want to get up. I pick her up and rub smoothly at her head. Then she feels ok and try to walk. But she cant walk properly. Her right back leg is not function porperly. So i take her to the vet.. and the vet said nothing was broken. Mighy be the muscle pain. So the vet gave her shot n inflammatory medicine. And today when she was walking she walks better than yesterday. She peed and eat. Should i do xray on her or just observe her behaviour. Is it the problem for he walking is temporary? Please help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You were wise to take your cat to the vet. It does not sound like anything is broken. The anti-inflammatory shot the vet administered sounds like it has helped already, since you say the cat is walking better today than yesterday. The fact she's eating and using her litter box is also a good sign.

Although this is a very frightening experience, I think continuing to observe her behavior is good for now. Hopefully, she will make a full recovery. If she gets worse, I would then return to the vet.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gosh, Paris is the 2nd cat to run into a glass door this week
.  I'm so glad you took her to the Vet, but sorry you didn't get better instructions from them.  If she seems better today than yesterday, that is probably a good sign.  Eating and urinating are both good signs.  Does she appear to be doing everything normally except using that leg?  If so, then hopefully it is just a temporary thing, although with a hit to the head, ifs' impossible to say, honestly.  For instance, why would a hit to the head affect the back leg in the first place
  I think you're just going to have to wait this one out and see what happens

In the meantime, you might put some stickers or something low on your glass door where Paris can see if the door is closed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parisbsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Im observing her condition. She already pooped and peed but she doesnt have appetite. And very lazy to walk. I guess i need to bring her again to the vet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope she'll eat for you today. Keep us posted. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parisbsh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She only want to eat wet food. And already start to walk again. I think is a good news for me.