My cat breed.

multicatowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He got some paperwork with him,some exotic,rare breed ass. Not used for breeding,so never registed. Listed as domistic due to laws in local areas.I just loved his markings.His brothor and sisters had same markings.All bobbed at birth.Not that close to gene pool to have bobtail or perdactol as registered pedi.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pictured cat looks more like seal lynx point straight eared Highlander.  Where did you get him from? Seems to be very little information if you went through a breeder. 

Last edited:

multicatowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got him in the States.Local breeder.Laws are strict here on wild pets.In city you need special papers for "wild" breeds.No wild animals can be kept as pets.I know people who have squirels,raccoons,foxes, and even Puma!! Beautiful animal at 9 months,HUGE paws, VERY ILLEGAL to keep as privite pet here.How there??

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they trying to create a new breed, then? Interesting. I wonder what they can bring to the breed that Ocicats and Bengals don't already have?

My kitty Christy is naturally small. She is healthy and seven years old now. Some cats are small because their parents were small, and it's genetic. Others are small because their moms had poor nutrition while they were pregnant, or they had poor nutrition as kittens; that can stunt their growth. I don't know which one is true for Christy because she's a shelter kitty, but either way, she seems to be happy with her small size, which lets her find all the little hiding spots she so loves to squeeze herself into.

It could be that your kitty is small because she had to nourish a litter of kittens instead of growing to her full adult size. It's always so tough on them when they get pregnant while they're still so young. If that is the case, she might catch up. Make sure to get her checked for worms, just in case, and give her a good high-quality food with lots of meat protein in it, and she might yet grow a bit. Or maybe not--but there's no harm in finding a good cat food, either way.

multicatowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never seen her mom,she had the lynx in her,seen dad,he was good size maybe 15lbs or so,he reminded me of Russian Blue Point.Bob has blue eyes.

multicatowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bob's my avatar.His weight and size are medium.he's very muscular/tawnt frame.High rear legs makes him look little funny,but he's fast.tears thu house in heart beat,outside he's a blur on grass,cement doesnt give grip.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never seen her mom,she had the lynx in her,seen dad,he was good size maybe 15lbs or so,he reminded me of Russian Blue Point.Bob has blue eyes.
Russian Blues only come as solid blue, if any other color appears, they're pet quality and will (should) be neutered, not used for breeding. Bob has blue eyes because he's a colorpoint kitty. Do you have any pics that show his body, like him standing up? Is he an outdoor cat? I've never heard of this breed either, or about the registry he's in.

Last edited:

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does have a pointed pattern (the dark nose, ears, paws, tail) and sort of a narrow muzzle... The pointed pattern came from the Siamese cats, but that was ages ago; now, it's floating around in the general cat gene pool, and there are even pointed ferals, as well as many cats with no particular breed who have the pointed coat pattern. Your cat's Siamese ancestor could have been alive as early as the 1800s, which I think is when the cats with that pattern were first imported to Europe and from there to the rest of the world (I don't think they even had proper cat breeds back then, and just called any pointed cat "Siamese", which nowadays would be pretty silly). Since the pointed pattern is now seen in many other breeds (Himalayan-type Persian cats, for example), she could even have inherited it from another breed rather than the mixed offspring of a pairing with a Siamese cat. That far back, there are thousands of other cats in the family tree, and only one of them needed to be Siamese for your cat to have inherited the pointed pattern. (Well, two, technically, but they could be the same cat, the genes passed down through two different lines. It's a recessive gene.)

So I guess my conclusion is... well, there's no way to tell. She's probably a mix of many kinds of cats, a few with papers, most not. They call them "domestic shorthair" when you don't have any information about their background.

She's pretty, anyhow. She looks kind of annoyed with the camera, though.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What colour are her eyes, she looks more Mink that Pointed. But no breed, just a domestic. 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought mink was a kind of pointed color, too?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mink is called Tonkinese in the UK.  The cat has one copy of the Burmese colour restriction gene (cb) and one of the Siamese gene (cs).  Most cats are C- e.g. they have the normal gene and can carry burmese or siamese colour restriction, Burmese colouring is cbcb, Tonks are cbcs and Siamese colouring is cscs.

If the cat has blue eyes then it's siamese points which I feel is most likely.

Should add that these variations are all forms of partial albinoism so a brown burmese and a seal-point are both genetically black cats, altered by these genes. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladyifah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She have bluish grey eyes. Her parents is a ticked tabby (first post in this thread) and her dad is close to this

This picture im showing you is my other kitten which look like their father.

This is why i was a lil confuse why my (siamese ) kitten got the fur from since she doesnt look like any of her parents. So i guess she inherited it from the parents' ancestors possibly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladyifah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha which one? But yes they are anyway (; thanks. God's creation.