My cat bites!

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, I am sorry then.  Sounds like a lot of changes and some outdoor stressors could be causing aggression... but the IBD and messy bum and slightly overweight all sound more and more like B-cups my stray/feral.  She gets a feather in her craw, she doesn't get over it quick.  She has a lot of jealousy and insecurity when it comes to the other cats, and to be honest, I just don't like her as much as my other cats and she can tell.  If babycat and your husband have a better relationship, babycat could have placed you in the "other woman" role... she will tolerate you because you are human after all, and you were there first....IDK, I am just guessing at the point, grasping at straws.  I hope the vet is able to help! 

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something set him off.  Sometimes it's impossible to figure out what that was.

What I did was to familiarize myself with all the reasons that "set cats off".  AND, avoid those possible scenarios at all costs, while, not turning my back on kitty (so to speak). 
Any time I go in for a pet, or to pick him up.  I'm paying attention.

There's LOTS more to it than that, but, all in all....it's mostly an awareness I practice to the point of habit.  This is very similar to what a person does as they get older.  What used to be careless abandon second nature is now a course in personal safety.
I treat the cat with this same respect when handling. All the while, watching for signs that he's had enough, or wants to step up his attitude a notch.

And when you say your cat BITES.  I fully understand.  Nibbles draw blood. Bites go to the bone....or through it.  

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been careful with HIM since he was little, because he he was never laid back, kids don't handle him so ...