My Cat Bit Me

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat bit me on the hand lol i think she was mad because i was hugging her oh well cleaned it out anyway.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's important to watch for your cat's body language. If they don't want to be held, or if they seem uncomfortable, you should always listen. The tail may start to twitch or they may put their ears back.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats just don't like to be handled, haha. Sometimes, when Cinnamon wants to be put down, she'll nip me in the chin. Lol!
Anyways, I wouldn't do anything the cat doesn't want you to do. No more hugs then, I guess. As the others have said, watch her body language for signs of anger (swishing tail, squirming, ears back, etc.) and do not ignore it if it starts to hurt badly. It is very possible that you need medical attention. Keep it clean.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Wash it with soap and water and bandage it to prevent dirt from getting in and infecting the wound. It's important to watch your cat's body language, if a cat puts its ears back or starts lashing or thumping its tail, that's them saying that they want some space.

Here's an article to help you learn to "talk to your cat": CAT COMMUNICATION

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your cat have their claws? Declawed kitties often bite first because they can't give you a warning scratch. Our semi-feral garage kitty full on attacked me once when he wanted down. I explained to him that wasn't acceptable and pay close attention to his body language now.

Cat Bites - What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does your cat have their claws? Declawed kitties often bite first because they can't give you a warning scratch. Our semi-feral garage kitty full on attacked me once when he wanted down. I explained to him that wasn't acceptable and pay close attention to his body language now.

Cat Bites - What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know
No it was my mama kitty and its fine now lol dont worry bout it

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wash it with soap and water and bandage it to prevent dirt from getting in and infecting the wound. It's important to watch your cat's body language, if a cat puts its ears back or starts lashing or thumping its tail, that's them saying that they want some space.

Here's an article to help you learn to "talk to your cat": CAT COMMUNICATION
I know its my mama cat that bit me i was huggling her and she did not like it i guess i huggled her for too long

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you start having significant pain, don't ignore it. You may need medical treatment.
No im fine its just a scratch they happen all of the time one time my cat stuck his claw right through my lip but its ok now. I did not need any treatment or anythin

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratches usually heal themselves,but if a cat bites you and breaks your skin, the potential for an infection is high. At any side of redness and swelling you need to see your doc right away for antibiotics.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought it was a significant bite that broke the skin because you made a post about it. Alright then.. still keep it clean just to be on the safe side.