My Cat Bit Me When I Turned Off The Lights

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well iwas laying on my bed and the lights were on so I decided to switch them off so my cat came to me purring and licking me as always to show her love to me after 10 minutes she left me and came to me again and as soon as I opened my eyes she bit my finger so as always I made a distance between me n her ( iknow some cat's become aggressive after turning the lights off)and I turned the lights on but she was like frezzing in her place and her eyes were teary and whenever I said go away or something which express that am
Mad at her she was meow talking what does it mean ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 10 months old now

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she bitten you again in that situation, or was it a one off? Given her age, she most likely decided you hand would make a good toy, especially if you moved it quickly or suddenly.

Cats don't cry like people do - if their eyes are running it's usually because of an irritation or infection. Her being frozen in place most likely means she was either a little spooked by something, or she was in play/hunting mode. Cats will oftentimes be seemingly rooted to the spot when hunting, as they fixate on their prey and plan the perfect pounce to catch it :devilcat: