My Cat Behavior Bathroom Behavior Changed And I'm Confused On Why???

ShelbyM21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 7 year old cat who has always used the litter box. Ralph for about 3 weeks has been urinating not spraying and pooping under a certain window also tearing my carpet. Please help.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry for the reason that brought you here though.

Did anything change in the household prior to this behaviour beginning? Is Ralph an only pet? Are there any stray or neighbourhood cats he might see outside that window? And has he been for a vet checkup to ensure there's nothing medical going on with him? Ralph's neutered, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShelbyM21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nothing changed to my knowledge and we have a dog. Ralph and Jj have lived together for a couple of years. I havent seen any stray cats. Ralph has always had high anxiety and grooms himself constantly. So Im not sure what to do at this point. He has been medically cleared.

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It might be a feral lurking around that window since he's both pooping and peeing. Oftentimes they'll eliminate inappropriately because of territorial anxiety if it's not health-related. Could you try placing cat deterrents around the window where he eliminates? Also, has the area been cleaned thoroughly with enzyme cleaners? He might be still smelling the residue and re-marking it.