My cat attacked me today

pcdoctor2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes my cat will get very aggressive and vicious and sometimes it doesn't matter what I"m doing, my cat will just come up and attack viciously.  Why is he doing this?  He is a rescued animal cat that was found back in 2005 and I've had him since then.  He does run around like crazy at times and meows a lot when he gets vicious.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Can you give us some details?  How long has this been going on?  Have there been any changes in his environment--a new person, new cat or other animals around--even outside that might be distressing him?  When he's the last time he saw a vet--he might be in pain over something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pcdoctor2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I do need to get him to the vet soon as I do think he might be having a little trouble going to the bathroom because he gets whiny almost everytime he uses the litter box, he throws up quite often despite the fact that I have him on a hairball control cat food and I don't know if he's having pain when going up and down the steps.

He's been this vicious at times since we moved to our apartment.  We used to have a 2nd cat but got rid of it since she wasn't the friendliest of cats and it would have cost us more $ in rent to have her living at the apartment.

I think the cat may also be seeing invisible things or hearing other things that might be causing him to charge out and run around like crazy and be agressive.

I'm often up in the loft of my apartment and to go up to the loft, it's a spiral staircase.  Often times when I go up, he will charge up the stairs and then try to attack me then too as I'm trying to make it to my computer.  I have to do whatever I can to make him not charge at me such as sometimes crawl on the floor or use some sort of weapon for protection such as a vaccum cleaner or other things.  I don't know what to do anymore.

He also is overweight and eats a lot too and I know our vet will yell at us for his weight.  Speaking of which, he absolutely does not like automobile rides or being locked up in a cat carrier.  The cat will scream so loud it's heartbreaking.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like a trip to the vet right away is the first step--crying when he uses the litter box and vomiting all the time are not good signs.  

You might try using a Feliway spray when you take him to the vet.  You can spray it on a washcloth or something and then put that under the puppy pad or blanket you use in the carrier, that can work wonders to calm down a cat when traveling. 

But please, get him to a vet and see if there's anything physically wrong with your boy.  

Post back and let us know how it goes!

Last edited: