My Cat ate part of the band on my fitbit

Celeron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, my cat jelly ate the end of my silicon band of my Fitbit. She ate maybe about an inch give or take. She ate this around 7pm about 7 hours ago now. She has yet to throw anything up and I'm not sure what i should do in this situation. We took her to the vet this morning before all this happened and I would like to avoid any costs if possible. She is also a Felv positive kitty and means the world to the both of us. IF someone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for the help.

I will of course take her to the vet, if need be, but she currently seems completely fine. just some advice would be helpful

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, welcome!

I apologize, I'm not clear about the timeline. You said Jelly ate the band yesterday, and you took her to the vet this morning, but before all this happened?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Celeron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, welcome!

I apologize, I'm not clear about the timeline. You said Jelly ate the band yesterday, and you took her to the vet this morning, but before all this happened?
Yes I took her to the vet the morning before this all occurred.

Celeron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:yeah: (including the welcome).

She could pass the band in her stool, so you will have to check it, Also, watch out for any signs of decreased appetite, and/or vomiting.
Your cat may need to have an x-ray, but you will have to ask the vet if silicone will even show up.
I have been, she's still eating and being her normally Happy self. Been adding a tad of chicken broth to her water to increase her water intake. Not sure if she has past it. But she has been pooping. Even this afternoon almost 20 hours after.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have been, she's still eating and being her normally Happy self. Been adding a tad of chicken broth to her water to increase her water intake. Not sure if she has past it. But she has been pooping. Even this afternoon almost 20 hours after.
Hope you got lucky and things keep going as they are.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Celeron Celeron and a warm welcome to the forum

I'll emphasize what Feebysowner said about checking the stool, and you'll have to carefully screen the stool until you find it :agree:- only then can you relax. Of course, if it causes a blockage, you'll see behaviour changes (like withdrawal, hiding and lethargy - all amber flags), she'll become 'bloated' and inappetent. THAT's when she would need prompt emergency veterinary attention.

Now, we'll watch with you........HINT: keep us updated!.......and, hey, we'll never refuse a picture (or two) while thumb-twiddling! :lol:

Celeron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Celeron Celeron and a warm welcome to the forum

I'll emphasize what Feebysowner said about checking the stool, and you'll have to carefully screen the stool until you find it :agree:- only then can you relax. Of course, if it causes a blockage, you'll see behaviour changes (like withdrawal, hiding and lethargy - all amber flags), she'll become 'bloated' and inappetent. THAT's when she would need prompt emergency veterinary attention.

Now, we'll watch with you........HINT: keep us updated!.......and, hey, we'll never refuse a picture (or two) while thumb-twiddling! :lol:
We will definitely keep looking through her stool just to make sure everything is moving right. She probably ate less then I said. Just stressed a probably being dramatic. But id rather be overly worried and keep a super close eye on her. The picture are of both of our cats jelly is the kitty with the lighter coat. And her "big" sister is madam with the black coat and white mittens. madam might be older but jelly has a few pounds on her.
We will definitely keep you guys updated. I really appreciate all the responses. Thanks for welcoming to the form! I'm happy to be here!

Attachments

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Celeron Celeron
I love that picture of Jelly yawning.
Does Jelly eat alot of inedible objects or is this a one-off? My cat Nile has a severe case of pica. It's not as bad now that he's a senior cat but I learned over the years to put the simplest things out of reach. In 2016 he managed to get into my gym bag and chewed up a hair elastic, then swallowed the pieces. I had no idea it had happened. He went lethargic after a while and when I picked him up he let out the most heart breaking wail. I rushed him to the vet and he had emergency surgery the same day. Nile and I were lucky, he made a full recovery. I hope for your sake that Jelly passes the piece of silicon and that he doesn't make a habit of eating strange objects!