my cat as a therapy cat

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know. I just really want to take her. If she explored the dorm while we were all gone than she would feel cramped. It really depends on who I have as a roommate. Maybe we could come up with an idea as to how to keep her from getting out of the dorm without permission..
If your school does allow you to bring her, I would not let her out of your room under any circumstances. There are way too many people who may not treat her well, and dorms are not designed with animal safety in mind. In addition, that's a danger to anyone who is seriously allergic to cats.

I know you want to take her, and I hope you can work something out. Please also think about the best possible living situation for Gracie. Maybe that means a friend who has lots of space for her to run around and be wild.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gracethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes. Keeping Gracie safe is #1 priority.
We really cant come to any conclusions without more research.

gracethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish that I could just live in a house my first year.

gracethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well maybe I just am putting the cart before the horse, and my anxiety is kicking in. But I still have 2 and a half years till college. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree about the space issue. I work at a University and those dorms are smaller than my bedroom! The ONLY way I would feel OK with Gracie living in such a tiny space is if you work on harness/leash training and walk her around campus daily for an hour or more! Please think of Gracie as well! She will go stir crazy in those tiny rooms. There is just enough room for a bunk bed, tiny table and chair to use as a desk and under bed storage totes to keep your things in, oh and a small closet. You can almost lay on the floor and touch your feet on one wall and stretch your arms up and touch the other wall. No kidding! There's really no place for a litter box even. There's not a bathroom or anything. There's a shared shower and bathroom down the hall. Please consider these things and do what's best for your best friend whom you love and who looks to you to always do what's best for her and to take care of her, put her needs first ALWAYS!!! GOOD LUCK starting college, it's a wonderful opportunity and your going to love it!! You'll see!