My Cat acts like a Dog. What Breed(s) are you?

lf2442

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a 3 year old from a Family on craigslist. He is unlike any cat Ive ever had before so I was wondering what his background could be. Any help would be appreciated!

DESCRIPTION:

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Long hair, however it does not matt easily

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Tufted paws

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Shorter front legs than back legs

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]3 years old and weighs about 10-11 pounds

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Communicates frequently via trilling, but also meows sometimes

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Very playful, active and curious

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Acts like a dog (greets us at door, follows me from room to room, super friendly to visitors too)

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Greets by stretching and rolling over to show me his belly

[if !supportLists]·       [endif]Picky eater (will only eat dry food. Not wet food and no cold dry food. Will not eat human food, even meat and fish)

EndFragment

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is surely a longhair domestic, but picking a look alike there are two breeds - the Maine Coon and the Siberian.   Siberian are often said to behave alike dogs.    :)

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nora is a lot like what you described too! Plays fetch, greets me at the door, very vocal, comes when called etc. I know no idea of her background because she's a rescue, but we thought part maine coon.

Your kitty is very handsome!! Love the photo of him on the stairs. It's like he's saying, "Are you coming or not?!" :)