My Calico cat may be pregnant!!! What will her kittens look like?

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone know what my calico cats kittens may look like if shes pregnant by my feral tim whose orange with a torti shell patch on his shoulder and has white paws and tenby markings, if you know what they may look like let me know, thanks!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calicos carry the gene for red (the proper term for orange) and black. A red male carries the red gene. The males will be red or black (solid black or tabby), the females will be red, black, or calico/tortie. As to where their white markings will be, there's no way to tell. They could be mostly white or only have white paws or have no white at all.

Be sure to have the feral tom neutered ASAP! If you need a trap I'm sure a cat rescue organization will have one you can borrow. There may be a low-cost program in your area if finances are a concern. And of course spay the mama when the babies are weaned! They'll be much happier and healthier once they're fixed. :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

thekatsaysmeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info I'm hoping they will look as beautiful as there mama and as handsome as there papa, I actually just moved to lowell a few months ago and I started noticing that there were sooo many feral cats on my street, so of course I do what my heart says and start leaving out food and water for them and a crate for them to sleep when its cold. One day I noticed this hanson tom cat he was very skiddish at first but a soon as I layed a can of food out he melted in my hand...few days later he started getting feed inside cause the snow and shortly after that he became my buster boy!!! I absolutely adore him yes my baby....but thats when trouble started my bebe kitten (the calico) absolutely HATES cats she never liked them so she wasn't to happy about his new interest in the house and her mom, skip ahead a few months and he started acting very strange crying not wanting timi play or sleep on my bed...just kept annoying bebe of course she count stand his prance for more than 2 mins before she would hiss but then it started to get worst, bebe came into heat so I kept my eyes on them two when he came in to eat eventually I had to start feeding him outside again cause he was pissing her off and I didnt want her to hurt him...but yesterday my boyfriend had let buster in and didnt let him out before he layed down and when I went to the bathroom I heard a loud scram....i ran down the stairs to find bebe with buster biting her neck and mounting her!!!! I totally freaked out and grabbed him and threw him out the door..i dont know if I caught them in time our he succeeded to bred with her? So I'm trying to lookon the bright side and think positive but I'm very nervous cause if she is pregnant then this will be her first litter and I'm scared that something will go wrong and age will get hurt or she will abandon the kittens, bebe would have been spayed a while ago but shes not very good under anasteshia and could possibly get harmed so I never put her through something like that, but buster on they other hand can definitely go for a snip-snip! Money is tight but I've been looking around for a place but I was told ash they end of every month the cat van comes and nuters and spays feral cats for free in lowell, but they only haveso many so spots available...but I'm hoping to get it done soon...thanks for the comment hun