My Boyfriend Yells At My Cat

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have said your boyfriend "has a history of anger issues". You have heard him screaming at your cat. Its documented that violence towards animals often leads to violence against people.

If he wont seek professional help and doesnt learn to control his anger, I would leave him if I were you. I grew up in an abusive household. My fathers violence towards us and my mother caused us great suffering.

Give him one chance if you wish and then move on.

Meanwhile start lifting weights gain 80 lbs of muscle and start contact karate...if you dont want you or your family members to be beaten.

Trust me on this.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I told him that the only way I would consider sticking around is if he gets advice from the doctor to sign up for therapy. He has agreed and I am going with him tomorrow morning where I can also tell them about this too.
I am relieved to hear that you have managed to get even this far. Now you must steel yourself to follow through if he does not. Please let us know how things are going for you and your cat, and yes, even your boyfriend. You are in our thoughts, and we will worry about you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazy Cat Mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am relieved to hear that you have managed to get even this far. Now you must steel yourself to follow through if he does not. Please let us know how things are going for you and your cat, and yes, even your boyfriend. You are in our thoughts, and we will worry about you.
Thank you- I have followed up as the doctors are prescribing only anti depressant medications which had never worked in the past, so I made a joint call last night to the NHS - they will call me this morning and will discuss therapy options and he will, as of tomorrow, be on a course of diazepam.

I’m so thankful for all the responses- as without these it would have been more difficult to have him realise how severe the situation is and has now finally decided to get proper help xxx