My boy walks on me at night

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 4 that like to jump on and off me. Sugar is the most persistent, and at about 14 pounds is quite a force to be reckoned with. Actually, Julie is the most persistent, but she only weighs 6 pounds. Fortunately, they don't jump on my ....guy parts....too often. They like standing on my chest, kneading, purring and drooling, particularly when I am reading or playing games on the nooks.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww your little girl is so light. I'm glad that your guy parts are safe xD

Lamiatron,

Yes, it's still in the "adorable" stage. I have not gone that advanced in the getting groomed section hahaha, although he sometimes licks my arm when he's grooming himself while sleeping in my arm. That sandpaper sensation is very hard to put up with, even though I want to appreciate his efforts. I do ensure it as much as I can and hope he'd be satisfied with my cleanliness soon. I can't imagine getting licked on my eyes! It must be very uncomfortable...but I can't help but imagine it and laugh! It's so funny. I always find it funny when the cats try to do something to me. Grabbing my head and licking my hair (it's long so they have a hard time with it), coming behind me and scratching my back (not too much claws, thank goodness!). They are just so damn cute in everything they do!

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
dont even get me started on what Jet does. She likes to lay down on my pillow. the same pillow i'm laying down on. and if there is no space for her on my pillow, she will lay down on my face...and she always positions her ass right on my face. if not on my face, and there is enough room for her on my pillow, she lays down facing away from me, but her ass in my face with her tail up. fun stuff. 

and its not just uncomfortable when Charlie licks my eye lids open, it is ....i don't even know what word to use. because i will be dead asleep...and he will lick my eyelashes and eyelids open. he wakes me up. by licking my eyes open....

granted its not their fault. they're just getting creative because the alarm went off, and mama has hit snooze 3 times already. so ....its really my fault...and i kinda have it coming to me....LOL

they both do what was described above when i haven't gotten out of bed at the initial alarm, or the snoozed alarm the 2nd time...or i just turn it off and go back to sleep (weekends)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL I get their butts in my face all the time. I heard that it means they trust you (letting you smell their scent), but I could probably do without hahaha.

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one that insists on sleeping on me. Usually between my armpit and my waist along the side of my ribs, or between my hip and my knee. She's a deep sleeper and I have to make sure I'm in the middle of the bed because sometimes she's in such a deep sleep she falls off and doesn't even wake up. I have also woken up to find her on the small of my back, or on my ribs/stomach/abdomen. I'm constantly walked on through the night as she gets up for various reasons, then comes back. I can tell how much in favour I am by where she sleeps - the higher up she sleeps, the more in favour I am at that particular moment. Thank goodness she is a tiny cat.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have one that insists on sleeping on me. Usually between my armpit and my waist along the side of my ribs, or between my hip and my knee. She's a deep sleeper and I have to make sure I'm in the middle of the bed because sometimes she's in such a deep sleep she falls off and doesn't even wake up. I have also woken up to find her on the small of my back, or on my ribs/stomach/abdomen. I'm constantly walked on through the night as she gets up for various reasons, then comes back. I can tell how much in favour I am by where she sleeps - the higher up she sleeps, the more in favour I am at that particular moment. Thank goodness she is a tiny cat.
LOLLLLL its funny you bring up the sleeping locations!!! 

the days that the kitties get a bath, groomed, or have there claws clipped, they usually sleep by my feet or legs. hahahaha

i know i'm loved when i wake up to find both my kitties by my head :)

kordron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat used to do this to me including sitting at the door and meowing at me. I work shift work so sometimes I'm gone 8 hours for work then home awake one hour and then to sleep which is hard on her I'm sure, I'm a light sleeper so I had to do something. Now I close my door and slowly she's getting the point that I'm sleeping now (or at least busy) but I keep the door open when I'm not in there so she can understand the difference in what is going on.