My Bella killed by a car yesterday my heart is broken

katiev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear all, I've posted quite a lot about my little princess ( she is my picture avatar ) . We got Bella about year and half ago and she was an absolute joy . I loved her with all my heart and was with us whilst we did up and bought our house and infertility news ( we have realised we won't be able to have children ) . Everyone that met her loved her!!! We spent a wonderful Christmas with her :) . She had four kittens and waited for us to come home before she had them ( wanted us with her ) . We have kept one so it he would of kept Bella company - Tommy. Yesterday she was hit by a car and killed instantly , my neighbours knocked on my door to tell me. They had wrapped her up in a blanket . Her beautiful fur and stripes still looked so healthy and shiny , I just couldn't believe it. My husband and I buried her in an area we went with her in the woods behind our house , she just to play and run up the trees in joy . We wrapped her in her favourite blanket , prayed and put flowers with her from our garden . I don't feel I will ever feel happy again , she was with me every minute as soon as I woke up she came to the bathroom with me etc . The only thing giving me some hope is her kitten Tommy who is a joy and very lovely like her. Will I ever feel the same?!

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear all, I've posted quite a lot about my little princess ( she is my picture avatar ) . We got Bella about year and half ago and she was an absolute joy . I loved her with all my heart and was with us whilst we did up and bought our house and infertility news ( we have realised we won't be able to have children ) . Everyone that met her loved her!!! We spent a wonderful Christmas with her
. She had four kittens and waited for us to come home before she had them ( wanted us with her ) . We have kept one so it he would of kept Bella company - Tommy. Yesterday she was hit by a car and killed instantly , my neighbours knocked on my door to tell me. They had wrapped her up in a blanket . Her beautiful fur and stripes still looked so healthy and shiny , I just couldn't believe it. My husband and I buried her in an area we went with her in the woods behind our house , she just to play and run up the trees in joy . We wrapped her in her favourite blanket , prayed and put flowers with her from our garden . I don't feel I will ever feel happy again , she was with me every minute as soon as I woke up she came to the bathroom with me etc . The only thing giving me some hope is her kitten Tommy who is a joy and very lovely like her. Will I ever feel the same?!
That is heartbreaking news, i am so sorry for your loss, Bella will stay in your heart forever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you PeterBald I'm just beside myself with grief and need to speak to others who can relate and not think she ' was just an animal'. She captured the hearts of everyone that met her and I'm just so angry she was taken so early !

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. She wasn't "just an animal", but part of the family and played a big role in your day-to-day life. No wonder you feel her loss so acutely. RIP, Bella. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Chrissy was killed in front of me, so I know how heartbreaking and traumatic this can be, the pain can feel as if it will never end. Time is the only thing that helps, it softens the pain and makes it bearable, although this is something you will never forget. These tragic accidents happen even with everything done to prevent them, remember it IS and accident, you would never do anything to hurt a loved one. No matter how much we would like to change the outcome, there is nothing that can be done to change the past. My heart goes out to you, I wish I could make it better, but all I can do is tell you how very sorry I am that anyone has to go through something like this. Sometimes it does help to talk to others who understand what you are going through, it lets a little of the pain out and helps to heal that huge hole in our hearts.  I'll pray for you both and keep you in my thoughts, may you be blessed for hurting so bad because of loving so much. RIP sweet Bella, you will be forever loved by a loving heart!

katiev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear all, thank you so much for your kinds words it truly means a lots to me. Di and Bob I'm so sorry Chrissy was killed in front of you , it's just so heartbreaking and you just can't understand why it would happen to those Angels .
On the morning of Bella's death she laid with me for hours in bed cuddling me and I decided to treat her to some luxury cat food - who would of thought?
All your words of comfort take some of the pain away for me so thank you. X

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand the trauma of having a loving fur-baby killed by a car. It breaks my heart that someone is in such a hurry that they can't even watch out for these babies. I lost my George several years ago because of a hit and run driver. I also lost my Ghost not too long ago who was hit and killed too. I still hurt for them both.

You will never get over the loss of your precious Bella but like me, you have her baby to carry on her love and devotion to you and your family. My heart goes out to you and I feel your pain.

RIP sweet Bella. 
May you find peace across the Rainbow Bridge until your mommy can be with you again.  

Last edited:

razzle1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for Bella. She is so cute. Razzle and Geets where with me every moment too. After Razzle died 3 years ago i didn't think i could go on but i had to live on for Geets. He did help me get thru some of the loss. Tommy will help you too with the pain. i just lost Geets to kidney disease 2 days ago. It's so very painfull and raw. It just takes too much time for the pain to lessen. I still break down suddenly and cry my heart out for my Razzle. He was my heart kitty.

Bella's  tail is forever wrapped around your heart..

A poem for you and Bella

You're filled with anger and disbelief

You ask why take your pet, she never hurt a leaf

Nothing makes sense as you sit down and cry

but only the good Lord can really say why

Into all our lives a little rain must fall

and we must be strong to answer that call

It usually happens when your guard is down

then your feelings go on a merry-go-round

You must hold on tight now with all your might

because it's always darkest before the light

Stop and take a look down deep into your heart

it's there you'll find the strength to make a new start

Your little one is now home in Heaven above

cradled in God's arms, covered with his love

This isn't the end, you'll see her one day

And on that special day you'll be together to stay

By John Quealy

Kathy

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear all, I've posted quite a lot about my little princess ( she is my picture avatar ) . We got Bella about year and half ago and she was an absolute joy . I loved her with all my heart and was with us whilst we did up and bought our house and infertility news ( we have realised we won't be able to have children ) . Everyone that met her loved her!!! We spent a wonderful Christmas with her :) . She had four kittens and waited for us to come home before she had them ( wanted us with her ) . We have kept one so it he would of kept Bella company - Tommy. Yesterday she was hit by a car and killed instantly , my neighbours knocked on my door to tell me. They had wrapped her up in a blanket . Her beautiful fur and stripes still looked so healthy and shiny , I just couldn't believe it. My husband and I buried her in an area we went with her in the woods behind our house , she just to play and run up the trees in joy . We wrapped her in her favourite blanket , prayed and put flowers with her from our garden . I don't feel I will ever feel happy again , she was with me every minute as soon as I woke up she came to the bathroom with me etc . The only thing giving me some hope is her kitten Tommy who is a joy and very lovely like her. Will I ever feel the same?!
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Losing our furbabies is very hard but I can tell you that you will feel the same over another kitty.

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Katie, sorry for your loss. Yeah I know how bad it is, it's not just as animal . More like a soul mate, a child, best friend, brother/sister, companion all in one. I'm still hurt from over a year ago where I lost my boy. You will be happy again, it takes lots of time. Everyone is different. As do and bob said, you never forget. But time softens the blow.

Lucky you have Bella's child, that would help so much.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry...I lost my first Kitty the same way, and it hurt so much. Please know she loved you so much...you gave Bella a great life.

Are you considering making her kitten a solely indoor cat now? I hope you can. After Annie was hit (at age 15, in perfect health but going blind...I was a teen and had no say, but had begged my mother not two days earlier to make her an indoor cat), after this bitter lesson, we never let another cat outside. I know you loved Bella, but for her kittens sake, I hope you can keep him inside. ((Hugs))

katiev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear all, I'm going to write you all detailed reply but I'm just so grieved and heart sore I can barely think or do anything . Everything in the house just reminds me of her and sets me off in tearsc.The only thing that helps is your messages of support. Thank you.

katiev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Razzle 1 / Kathy , I'm so so so sorry for your loss too with Geets . I'm glad you had him to help you with the some of the pain with Razzlethe pain but still it's just unbearable .Thank goodness we have the support of other who understand on here. I've just had surgery so off on sick leave , I don't think I could work . feeling like this. Thank you for the beautiful poem too . I hope you are okay

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's heartbreaking to lose a cat this way. I still cry over the pets I lost years ago. Unfortunately so many cats lose their lives on the roads.

I'm glad you still have Bella's kitten to keep you company. Please try to keep him indoors or maybe train him to walk on a harness, so he can go outside with you there to watch over him.

Rest In peace, beautiful Bella.

billdolfski

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can relate.  It's terrible losing a pet.  And there is always does seem to be that person that tries to tell you "it's just an animal."  Luckily, I don't think you find many of them here.  My sympathies.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I can relate.  It's terrible losing a pet.  And there is always does seem to be that person that tries to tell you "it's just an animal."  Luckily, I don't think you find many of them here.  My sympathies.
I agree. I have lost too many and each one has taken a piece of my heart. The last two I lost, Ghost & Raven, have been within the past year and I am still broken hearted. They are much more than pets or animals.... They are my babies and I love them just as I love my human kids.

LOL According to my DD's I love my cats more.  Nah, just different I keep telling them.