My Baby Passed Away

lacey98766

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About two weeks ago my baby Reba passed. She was 11 yrs old and my best friend, I got her when I was 10 and she was just a couple of days old. I will never forget the first night I had her or the morning I found her. She was the best pet anyone could ever want, she was sweet and caring, if I was ever sick she was by my side at all times. In the months before her death she was sick, she lost alot of weight and became very with drawn, I had first thought it was a flea coller but it did not get better. My father and I think she new we were moving and she wanted to stay there. I will miss her terribily and I still cry when I think about her, but the hardest times were the days following her death, I cried my self to sleep and I thought I saw her everywhere. I will someday get a Reba 2, but that won't be for awhile.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm so incredibly sorry you lost your best friend. Precious Reba loves you so very much and she is now in Heaven, so happy and healthy, playing with her new friends. She knows just how much you love her, and the two of you will one day be reunited. She's such a part of your life, there are no words that could possible take this agonizing pain from your shattered heart. I pray that God will give you peace during this difficult time.

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your loss of your dear Reba. Keep her memories close to your heart and believe that you will see her again....

RIP Reba

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very very sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking this must be for you.

Allow your self to grieve and weep when you need it, in time you will begin to smile when you think of her. And in time, Reba will help guide you to a new kitty that so desperatly needs your love.

RIP Reba - fly with the angels little one - you are no longer in pain but will be deeply missed

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of Reba. She was lucky to have you to love her for her entire life. May you find peace in knowing that she is over the bridge now, safe and whole.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet friend, Reba. As you've already discovered it does get easier with time. Sometime you'll be able to remember your good times together without as much pain. Good luck to you, darling.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Reba, but just remember all of those many years of unconditional love that was shared...You are in my prayers.
RIP sweet Riba.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss of Reba. It is tough when they have been a part of your life for so long. I pray for peace in your heart.
Little Reba, rest in peace. You are missed greatly.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I am a firm believer that every time a beloved pet goes to the Bridge, a loving home opens up for another that desperately needs it. It may not be tomorrow, or even any time soon, but a new kitty that needs someone to love it will make its way to you. You can never replace your dear Reba, but you can fill the empty spot in your heart and lap.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m so sorry about your loss of Reba. I hope that it is getting easier for you to cope as the days go by. It is hard...I know it is!
Bless your heart!
Linda

czari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I am so sorry for your loss. I am a firm believer that every time a beloved pet goes to the Bridge, a loving home opens up for another that desperately needs it. It may not be tomorrow, or even any time soon, but a new kitty that needs someone to love it will make its way to you. You can never replace your dear Reba, but you can fill the empty spot in your heart and lap.
I am so very sorry to hear you lost your precious Reba. On 9/23/05, my 20-year-old, Morris, passed over to the Rainbow Bridge. The reason I mention that is krazy kat's quote above - it is SO true!

Some of my friends felt it was too soon to get another baby. I wasn't seriously looking but did scan the adoptions available at our local SPCA. What caught my attention was a 3-year-old female calico named Kali. I owned another cat ~ALSO~ named Kali (adopted from same SPCA) who was ~ALSO~ age 3 at the time of her adoption.

I let a few days go by, then went to the SPCA and adopted Kali II. I swear she has the best traits of both my former babies.

So, that was a long-winded testimonial for krazy kat's quote. And, Kali II was one of the animals rescued from Hurrican Katrina!

My deepest sympathies,

Czari

queenofegypt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lacey--I am so so sorry about your beloved Reba. I know you're heartbroken now and only time will get you to the place where you can remember the good and wonderful times you and Reba shared for all those great years together--and then I promise you will be smiling thru your tears at all the sweet memories you have of her. And what a lucky kitty she was, to have you for a mom AND a best friend!! She was surrounded with love all her life and that is the most wonderful thing in the world--and you are the one who gave her all that love! You were as much a blessing to Reba as she was to you--and I know she is over the Bridge now playing happily and waiting for the day she will be reunited with her beloved mama and best friend! God bless you--and your sweet Reba

tru87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's really amazing that we have this love that's so strong for these little creatures... that's what you gotta keep in your heart, the love... RIP!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your baby Reba
She had a great owner who loved her very much.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless her little heart
Be assured that you will see Reba once again, but in the meantime she's safely over the bridge playing with all the other kitties, and mothering the kittens that have also passed

RIP Reba