My baby is dying and I can't deal with it.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mozel was a very beautiful girl. My heart breaks for you at this terribly difficult time, but please remember Mozel is free from any pain and suffering and happily watching over you and wanting you to be happy. Please take care of yourself.

wonderbean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can’t even imagine losing a cat after having it so long, but I will one day. I had to deal with a loss only after 2 months with my Bradley and it was terribly hard, but he left room for another cat (Brutus) for us to love and appreciate even more, as I am sure yours will. Brutus' and my thoughts are with you and all those who are near the inevitable loss of their furry kitty friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words. It is really hard, and even though it was probably for the best, I still feel terribly guilty and remorseful. Two years ago I had to put my other geriatric cat down, and I waited so long because I couldn't do it, that she was so emaciated and weak it was a crime. I didn't want to repeat that mistake, and make Mozel suffer like that, but I can't help thinking that maybe she had a chance to survive and I didn't give it to her. I feel the same way as I did with Sparky, that I made so many mistakes, and that it is my fault they got sick in the first place. intellectually, I know this is totally out of our control , but emotionally I blame myself.
Anyway, thank you for your support. I really needed it and it helped me tremendously.

kittybosanta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. You needn't be so hard on yourself - I read the earlier threads and saw Mozel's picture - a beautiful cat that clearly was loved and well taken care of. Letting go is never easy. I lost one of my cats to FeLV a few months ago and still wish I had known more about the disease and prevention of same. Allow yourself to mourn and grieve for Mozel and don't think of things you could have done, rather think of all you did do; the ultimate being the last act of caring and kindness one can do for one's beloved pet by letting them "cross the bridge" humanely.

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You have done a very hard but very honorable thing.
You have chosen to release Mozel from her pain and take her suffering on yourself in the form of sadness, guilt and remorse.
And after a time, you will be able to let go of that pain and hurt in the same way you were able to let Mozel be free from hers.
Take the time you need to grieve and heal and feel your emotions and think of a happy memory of you and Mozel to help you through this difficult time.

~Julia

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by robyns5cats

Please someone help me, I have 4 babies, I found out 3 days ago after I noticed she had been breathing hard, shallow and fast, that she has tumors in her lungs. She has lost weight in the past 2 weeks,She's my petite little girl and God help me, I love her the most, She loves me too, I can't put her down evevn though I know I have to, I can't deal with this, I can't imagine my life without her. Please someone tell me to get the strength and be at peace with this, I have been praying to our Heavenly Father about this and still no peace robyns5cats
Oh, Robyn - bless you for your great love. I am adding my prayers to yours , that you be given the truest love of all - the love to let go. May you find the courage and strength to do what MUST be done - and SOOON! She is suffering and it is in your power to release her into her well-deserved reward. And know that an entire world-community is here at TCS, waiting to help you and comfort you during the bleak hours ahead. Our Father loves all his creatures, and He has a special place for your little baby - He who made Grand Canyon, and Hawaii, and ever so many other wonderful places here on earth, has made an even more wonderful place for those who pass on. Please keep us posted! Your courage will be an inspiration to others!
Susan

kittybosanta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The previous post said it all and ever so eloquently. Sadly, Robyn you are in a situation many of us have been in before and so there is an outpouring of empathy and support for you. I hope and pray that you are able to allow your beloved kitty move on into a world where there is no pain, no discomfort, and as my vet said when I had to make the decision, "no more hurties." It is so hard but it is the last act of love you can bestow on your faithful companion. Prays and hugs to you during this difficult time.

otisbird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mozel was a beautiful girl. She lived a long wonderful life. It was her time to go. You did honor her by helping over the Rainbow Bridge. You did all the right things. It will get easier to remember her.
I rescue older persian cats. Most people want the yonger ones. But I prefer to help the older ones. Sometimes their former owners die & they are confused as to what happened. I make their last few years comfortable.
It is never easy, but I try to make their passing easy.
You did the right thing for Mozel. She is already thanking you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It continues to hurt so much. I am sad and depressed. It is hard to find joy in anything. I keep remembering her final hours and it kills me. Everything reminds me of her and the euthanasia. I can be driving somewhere and see or hear something and then I'n bawling and crying. I know it is necessary to grieve, but I/ve had enough. thank you all for your support and I hope this thread will help others that have to go through this. I know before I posted I read many threads on the rainbow bridge forum and it helps to know everyone experiences the same doubt and recrimination and devastation. It is also helpful to recieve so much support and kindness. thank you