My apartment building caught fire last night

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is scary!! I'm so glad you all got out alright. It is such a good idea to keep a sticker posted on your door. The ASPCA has them-

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer..._rescuesticker

You should leave your carriers in an easy to find spot and maybe even put where your cats might hide. My dad and husband both say that firefighters will look for your pets if it isn't a dangerous situation for them. Has anyone heard about the pet oxygen masks? Some fire departments are carrying them. They have a special attachment for a dog or cat's face.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary for you and your furbabies!

We have Harley's carrier in the storage room by the front door - easy to get at.

I'm so glad that you all got out safe!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our carrier is out all the time, and it is big enough for both cats, its how they travel to the vet. It is a good idea to put the tags and numbers on it though.. will have to do that.....

The cats just use it as a bed, sleeping on it, in it, beside it, whatever. It makes it easier for me to put them in it cause they are used to it. I need to go get stickers though....

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A hint: My friend's friend who is a fireman said that you shouldn't place the "pet's inside" sticker on eye level, because when fire fighters go in, they usually go in bent because of the smoke, so you should place the sign navel height if you want them to see it. I've got a home made one saying "There are animals in this apartment (4 cats)". I made it myself, because the official fire department sticker didn't specify the number of animals inside.