My 9 Months Kitten Vomited

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 9 months kitten vomited a white foam with un digestived solid food with a piece of a black tape and she doesn't want to eat anything and after forcing her to eat few times , she throwd up what I said above please any good advice

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she had just vomited undigested food, I would surmise that it is just a hairball or she ate too fast. However, this "black tape", the foaming, and the repeat vomit is worrisome. Allow me to stress that, although, a lot of the cat care takers (servants :lol: ) on this site are very knowledgeable about a lot of things, most of us are not vets or vet techs. In this case, I would strongly advise you to call your kitten's vet ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She vomited just once

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It didn't repeat but she doesn't want to eat and I read some articles that cats lose their appetite in a hot whether

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It didn't repeat but she doesn't want to eat and I read some articles that cats lose their appetite in a hot whether
Ah, you do not want to force them to eat - well not in a one time case of throw up. I would again suggest calling your vet.

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Iwill call or go to the vet of course ... but any good advice or any question maybe it would help ? just till I call her veterinarian

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you can, make sure she stays hydrated. What did you force her to eat? If it was dry food, I would not suggest that. I would suggest waiting a few hours and then putting down a little bit of wet. Then, just watch her closely.

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you can, make sure she stays hydrated. What did you force her to eat? If it was dry food, I would not suggest that. I would suggest waiting a few hours and then putting down a little bit of wet. Then, just watch her closely.
I forced her to eat her dry food Because she wasn't eating, she never vomited before and I took an appointment for her but after tomorrow

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forced her to eat her dry food Because she wasn't eating, she never vomited before and I took an appointment for her but after tomorrow
Yeah, never ever ever ever force a cat to eat. The only person who can or should force a cat to eat is a medical professional. That is just not a good idea. If your cat is not eating you need to call the vet ASAP - not force them. I would still call the vet and arrange an appointment.

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, never ever ever ever force a cat to eat. The only person who can or should force a cat to eat is a medical professional. That is just not a good idea. If your cat is not eating you need to call the vet ASAP - not force them. I would still call the vet and arrange an appointment.
Thank you for these useful informations it really helped me and am glad that I participated in such a good website thank you again

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten now is much better idont know how her energy is back and started to drink water after 1 hour she ate her food without making her eat so ithibk this is a good sign right ?

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My veterinarian said her teeth is erupting that's why

Dunya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup exactly