My 6mth Old Kitten Started Having A Bad Breath?

Hanaone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys I have a little concern about my 6 months old kitten Charlie.I fed him dry mixed with wet can food twice daily. I mixed plague off powder on the food.i noticed his breath started to be unpleasant. He did ate some of my bengal adult dry kibble science diet for oral care it is chunky. Do you think its normal? He hasnt lose any of his baby tooth yet

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is 6 months for sure and hasn't lost any baby teeth yet that is weird. Are you SURE?? If he hasn't yet and the age is a rough guess he is probably about to start and their breath will smell different when that happens sometimes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hanaone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was born on 24th of march 2019 well around 5 months and 5days to be exact lol
And He used to have no smell just recently. Im not sure if its because the wet food or He got some infection hmm.His desexing appointment will be next saturday.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens get that nasty kitten breath when teething so I am sure that's all it is. Wet food shouldn't be affecting anything. You could always as them to check out his mouth/teeth when he is under for his neuter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hanaone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yea ill ask the vet to check his teeth when hes under.Thanks again xx

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not a bad idea to start brushing your cat's teeth now to keep them healthy. Use only pet toothpaste. Most pet stores sell dental kits.