My 6 Y.o. Female Vomited Yellow

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She behaves as usual. She does not eat much, not a big eater. This morning she vomited yellowish greenish liquid stuff. Amount of about a table spoon. Soo Soon after she pooped normally. It is first time I see it. What is wrong with my kitty. She had her checkup 4 months ago, she was totally healthy.
Please advese. Thank you all, you always are of great help. I cannot take her to the vet right now.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long after your baby ate did she vomit? I am asking this to try to figure out if she just upset her tummy from eating too fast. Keep an eye on her to see if there is any more vomiting. If she does not vomit anymore then she probably had a tummy ache that went away from eating too fast. If she stops eating or continues to vomit then you may need to take her to the vet to treat her for nausea. This is not expensive to treat. It is an injection to settle the cat's tummy. The vomit sounds like bile. One of my cats years ago came down with the kitty equivalent to human stomach flu. Treatment only required a one time vet visit to treat her nausea. My cat puked up bile multiple times and stopped eating though when she was sick.

I am sorry if this comes across as being pushy but can I ask why you could not take your baby to the vet? I am asking this question because if she does need to go to the vet perhaps myself or other members could come up with a solution to this issue.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yellow vomit is really not good, that is likely bile. It could be something as simple as a troublesome hairball or food just isn't settling right. If it is a hairball, some hairball gel or pumpkin puree (no spices, you can used canned pumpkin so long as it is just pumpkin and water or make your own) over a few days may help the hairball along. If it is food not settling right, slowing down her eating by giving smaller portions may help.

However, if the vomiting continues more then a few days or increases in frequency you do need to figure out how to get to a vet. Frequent vomiting of bile can indicate more serious problems that can not be treated at home. Especially if it is in conjunction with other symptoms like lethargic behavior, litter box changes or refusal to eat a vet visit is in order.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she went after she pooped, her stool might have been dry and painful coming out. Is she constipated?
It sounds like bile. Has she eaten at all lately? It doesn't sound like it, or food would have come up too.
Try and monitor how much she eats. Do you feed her dry or canned?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the vomiting continues you will need to have a vet check.

It is very important that cats eat, and eat fairly often. I have a cat that if he goes too long between meals he will throw up. So i make sure he has dry food available at all times. Did she have food available, but just not like it? If she is not eating what you are feeding can you maybe try a different food?

That would be my first suggestion, make sure she eats a little something every few hours, leave a dry out that she will eat, and feed wet meals during the day. and if she continues to throw up you will need to see about a vet visit. If the vomiting becomes more often, severe, or any other symptoms show up i would take her in right away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long after your baby ate did she vomit? I am asking this to try to figure out if she just upset her tummy from eating too fast. Keep an eye on her to see if there is any more vomiting. If she does not vomit anymore then she probably had a tummy ache that went away from eating too fast. If she stops eating or continues to vomit then you may need to take her to the vet to treat her for nausea. This is not expensive to treat. It is an injection to settle the cat's tummy. The vomit sounds like bile. One of my cats years ago came down with the kitty equivalent to human stomach flu. Treatment only required a one time vet visit to treat her nausea. My cat puked up bile multiple times and stopped eating though when she was sick.

I am sorry if this comes across as being pushy but can I ask why you could not take your baby to the vet? I am asking this question because if she does need to go to the vet perhaps myself or other members could come up with a solution to this issue.
Thank you so much. Right now, I am I'll and cannot physically get her to the vet. She only vomited once, in the morning. Soon after, she pooped normally. Eats ok, she is very picky, but never hungry. I always have some dry food for her so that she can eat at her whim. Hope it was not anything bad. Am watching her.

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yellow vomit is really not good, that is likely bile. It could be something as simple as a troublesome hairball or food just isn't settling right. If it is a hairball, some hairball gel or pumpkin puree (no spices, you can used canned pumpkin so long as it is just pumpkin and water or make your own) over a few days may help the hairball along. If it is food not settling right, slowing down her eating by giving smaller portions may help.

However, if the vomiting continues more then a few days or increases in frequency you do need to figure out how to get to a vet. Frequent vomiting of bile can indicate more serious problems that can not be treated at home. Especially if it is in conjunction with other symptoms like lethargic behavior, litter box changes or refusal to eat a vet visit is in order.
Thank you. I have been watching her for six hours now. She pooped normally soon after the bile vomit. Ate her dry food. Any wet food only eats when very hungry. It was not a hairball, so am still worried. Behaves ok right now, so I keep my fingers crossed. God bless

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

It is very important that cats eat, and eat fairly often. I have a cat that if he goes too long between meals he will throw up. So i make sure he has dry food available at all times. Did she have food available, but just not like it? If she is not eating what you are feeding can you maybe try a different food?

That would be my first suggestion, make sure she eats a little something every few hours, leave a dry out that she will eat, and feed wet meals during the day. and if she continues to throw up you will need to see about a vet visit. If the vomiting becomes more often, severe, or any other symptoms show up i would take her in right away.
Thank you. She is very picky, does not eat much, but is in excellent health and far from being skinny. I always wonder how it works with her. Always give her what she likes and she immediately dislikes whatever she used to like. Very picy and spoiled :-) So far, no more committing, she pooped soon after she vomited, normal poop. Ate her special dry food, did not touch her can food. Behaves ok. Will keep monitoring. Cheers!

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you, so far no more vomit. Eats and plays. Will keep monitoring... Hope all is ok. Cheers!

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks, I take very good care of her. So far, no more vomit. Will keep monitoring. If anything will have to arrange a vet visit, very difficult right now since I myself am ill. Hope for the better. Cheers and thanks!

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks.... So far so good, will keep watching... Cheers and thanks again!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds good. Hope you and the little girl feel better soon! keep us updated.

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds good. Hope you and the little girl feel better soon! keep us updated.
Hoping for the better. If had to go to the vet, will update. Hope that won't be needed. Cheers

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she went after she pooped, her stool might have been dry and painful coming out. Is she constipated?
It sounds like bile. Has she eaten at all lately? It doesn't sound like it, or food would have come up too.
Try and monitor how much she eats. Do you feed her dry or canned?
Thank you. She eats both dry and wet, prefers dry. No more vomiting so far. Behaves and eats as usual.
Will continue monitoring. Still am worried. Hope it was nothing serious. Thanks and cheers from Fenya and Mom.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon. I dealt with a medical issue for years that made sitting really difficult. My friend and cat sitter took my cats to the vets for me a couple times when I was in too much pain to sit in the car and things happened when hubby was at work.

fenya7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon. I dealt with a medical issue for years that made sitting really difficult. My friend and cat sitter took my cats to the vets for me a couple times when I was in too much pain to sit in the car and things happened when hubby was at work.
Thank you. Hope at least my kitty feels better than I :-) :-( she seems Ok. I won't get much sleep again, killer back pain. Cheers.