My 6 Month Year Old Kitten Gets Poop Stuck to His Bottom Sometimes....

simba954

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's happened twice already....Luckily I was home both times I could smell the stink then chased down my kitty held him down while I wiped his butt. Some I had to cut off with a scissor. He is an orange cat with medium hair.

My guess is that he tries to get out of the litter box as quick as possible to play with my other 7 month year old kitten Simba. He is a Mainecoon mix. Simba never has the problem and he is quick in the litter box too. I was wondering if anyone here with young kittens has this problem. I just have it with my orange cat Milo. Simba never gets any poop on him.

Last edited by a moderator:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, he looks really cute.   It may well be that he's too keen to get back to play, or not having had enough time with his mom to learn how to use his litter and clean properly.  Might also be the consistency of his poop if their food doesn't agree with him so well as it does Simba?

If you have just brought him home recently see if it is a regular thing or if there is a patern to it in terms of diet or if he is rushing too much.  Using wet wipes that are cat friendly and don't contain tea tree work fairly well for cleaning without it getting too traumatic. Then hopefully he will get the idea he is meant to keep the poop in the tray and check his little posterior if poop free before he runs off.